Make a donation

Poll

Which remap would you guys recommend... APR or Revo???

APR
11 (36.7%)
REVO
19 (63.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Remap Decision????  (Read 8312 times)

Offline Edition_30_P

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
  • Edition 30 P
    • Email
Remap Decision????
« on: March 16, 2010, 09:42:37 pm »
Hi Guys,

I have an Edition 30 after owning a 56 plate 1.8T Polo gti with APR Stage 1 map on.. can't decide whether to go for APR again or whether to get the Revo?? Any help in pushing me towards the better option?

Also would like to know where i can locate the smoothed Licence Plate bumpers

Thanks
MK5 Golf GTI Edition 30|APR Stage 2+|Milltek Non Res TBE Decat|ITG Intake| Forge Twintercooler|Autotech HPFP Internals|Forge DV|R8 Oil Cap|AP Coilovers|WALK Kit|ECS Dog Mount| THS Mounts|Eibach F&R Anti Roll Bars|Sachs Uprated Clutch

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
Re: Remap Decision????
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:50:21 pm »
theres merits for both but for me the adjustability of Revo wins it  :smiley:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline Edition_30_P

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Edition 30 P
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:55:08 pm »
What pros do you feel Revo has over the APR Map?? What gains do you get from the Revo? I had a trial APR map on the Edition 30 and i was blown away. Gains showed 305hp which I thought was great....
MK5 Golf GTI Edition 30|APR Stage 2+|Milltek Non Res TBE Decat|ITG Intake| Forge Twintercooler|Autotech HPFP Internals|Forge DV|R8 Oil Cap|AP Coilovers|WALK Kit|ECS Dog Mount| THS Mounts|Eibach F&R Anti Roll Bars|Sachs Uprated Clutch

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 09:58:36 pm »
I've had both, APR on my ED30 and REVO on my S3 and would be really hard pushed to chose maybe the adjustability of REVO may sway the decision :smiley:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 10:00:43 pm »
that is good  :happy2:

mine ran 301 at stage one on revo on dyno dynamics. the thing that put me off APR was needing to spend the extra on cruise contol which i didnt really want. im sure the APR is just as good but the adjustability and customer service of Revo won me over.

Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline Edition_30_P

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Edition 30 P
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 10:43:57 pm »
A lot of people I've spoken to that have Revo have said the same thing.. I work for Audi so picked up a cruise control stalk for cheap so it was a touch really!! When I had the APR on my Polo it went to VW for a lot od warranty work and was undetected every time! Think I may need to locate a Revo dealer near to South London and trial it to make my decision.

Also from all the research I been doin Revo seems to be cheaper than APR!

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 11:20:23 pm »
No on your choices but Superchips bluefin for me, had an apr on a A3 1.8T and went for SC on my ed30, they are Vw linked, have excellent cust service and stand by your warranty (not saying APR or revo don't) but like being able to revert to std easily. The SC stage 1 is awesome on the ed 30.

Offline Edition_30_P

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Edition 30 P
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 11:28:17 pm »
How much did the Superchips set you back and what kinda gain did you get from it?

Offline Vick N

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 12:01:04 am »
Custom Code are pretty good too   :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 12:10:16 am »
Custom Code are pretty good too   :happy2:

Somebody pass me the gaffa tape for my mouth....quick!!!!

Seriously though, I swapped from CC to REVO and the car was faster and more powerful. The CC map was nice and smooth, just not powerful enough!
The adjustability of the REVO map does it for me too :happy2: There's one specific mod to my car that I couldn't have attempted through any other map without a lot of messing about to-ing and fro-ing with the tuner.
Golf R gone.

Saint Steve

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 07:16:21 pm »
No on your choices but Superchips bluefin for me, had an apr on a A3 1.8T and went for SC on my ed30, they are Vw linked, have excellent cust service and stand by your warranty (not saying APR or revo don't) but like being able to revert to std easily. The SC stage 1 is awesome on the ed 30.
What the man says :happy2: £390 for a Bluefin Map, then a further £50 to jump to stage 2 last time i looked.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 07:18:57 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 07:20:42 pm »
Standard is just sublime.  IMO of course.

Saint Steve

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 07:24:26 pm »
Standard is just sublime.  IMO of course.
and problem free :wink:

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 07:30:52 pm »
Didn't mean it that way, but it just suits me, I was thinking about a remap a couple of weeks ago, but everytime I enquire, I ask myself what is wrong with the car, and TBH not a lot. 

Decent brakes and a Quaife make the best of what I have got.

I like it, and that is what counts.  But I wouldn't say that a well modulated and developed map will cause any more problems than standard.

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 07:31:41 pm »
Standard is just sublime.  IMO of course.
and problem free :wink:

Tell me about it... my car has gone into JKM with another fueling issue.  Not sure if its related to the mods on the car, but the lambda sensor, low fuel pressure sensor and high fuel pressure sensor have been replaced.  (The local VW dealer replaced the low fuel pressure sensor which didn't cure the issue).  I think its now been resolved and I am £500 lighter...  :fighting: