Make a donation

Author Topic: Whiteline anti Bump Steer Kit  (Read 7395 times)

Offline john_o

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
Re: Whiteline anti Bump Steer Kit
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 05:05:36 pm »
aha  :star:

if you look closely the version fitted to the mk5 in the youtube video is different from the pic of the units on the DPM website.
The DPM pic has 4 ,    2 ball joints + 2 other things (what are they exactly???)
BUT more importantly the design now seals the rose joint completely from the elements (just like an OE balljoint)  :jumping:

if this was the mk5 version in its completed form, my reservations no longer apply  :happy2:

lets check first, then get a group buy started  :signLOL:

more facts from the latest mkv sheet

BUMP STEER CORRECTION KIT
Next on the handling improvement priority list is to reduce front bump-steer. Original bump-steer was
measured to be 8.4mm toe-out @ 40mm compression and 4mm toe-in @ 40mm droop. This is
relatively large amount for a contemporary chassis, generally found to be less then 2mm on a well
designed platform. The prototype kit currently in development is aimed at delivering a similar
outcome by utilizing specially engineered tie-rod ends that relocate the outer steering arm pivot to a
more favourable position.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 05:15:00 pm by john_o »
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 05:11:35 pm »
aha  :star:

if you look closely the version fitted to the mk5 in the youtube video is different from the pic of the units on the DPM website.
The DPM pic has 4 ,    2 ball joints + 2 other things (what are they exactly???)
BUT more importantly the design now seals the rose joint completely from the elements (just like an OE balljoint)  :jumping:

if this was the mk5 version in its completed form, my reservations no longer apply  :happy2:

lets check first, then get a group buy started  :signLOL:

:jumping: :jumpmove: :jumping:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 05:20:23 pm »
lets be cautious... as that pic may just be 2 different kits for other cars. (probably is...   :confused:)
But I see no reason why the final product wouldnt be fully sealed (esp as the ones on the pic are)

Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 05:28:34 pm »
Yeah it would make sense for them to revise the kit imo, due to the popularity of the WALK kit i could see this selling really well for them as long as they address the issue of the rose joints..

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here