Make a donation

Author Topic: Boost Problem I Think Please Help :(  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Audi S3
    • Email
Boost Problem I Think Please Help :(
« on: March 20, 2010, 04:20:02 pm »
Right ive got a 59 reg S3 had it Revo remapped since December which everything has been fine till now!!, I dont think its just my mind playing games as for the last week or so it just seems to drive different.

The best way to explain it is when in 2nd around 2.5-3k revs it normally shoves me back right in my seat & you can really feel the boost come in quite agressive but over the last week or so it felt progressive all most standard like or like a N/A car. The turbo also flutters more like when you put your foot down in a low gear.

I put the switch back to stock yesterday & tbh in 1,2 & 3rd I really couldnt feel the difference & it just seemed to rev like a vtec & am sure the engine sounds a bit more ruff/grunty.

Sorry for all the above but am crappin em incase something has gone wrong & I dont want to tell Audi it has a remap but they would be able to see the evoms intake & forge dv.

Any Help Guys Please
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:22:29 pm by Phil_T »

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
Old Car 2009 Audi S3 365bhp Gone - New Car 2013 C63 Amg Now With 525bhp

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: Boost Problem I Think Please Help :(
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 04:24:18 pm »
Need to get access to someone with VCDS to do some logging, the boost requested vs. actual and N75 duty cycle will tell if you if there is a boost leak somewhere  :happy2:

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 04:39:11 pm »
Need to get access to someone with VCDS to do some logging, the boost requested vs. actual and N75 duty cycle will tell if you if there is a boost leak somewhere  :happy2:

My mate has VCDS but am not sure he knows what he is doing. How do you use it/which part do you use to test if there is a boost leak? also because I dont know what it was boosting to standard how will I know if its boosting correctly with the Revo?

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 05:29:36 pm »
how long have you had your forge dv on? has it been driven much of late?

could well be the forge dv needs a service, if you have not got a kit ring them up and they will post you one - basically a bit of grease  the dv needs lubing every now and again to keep it working smoothly

GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 05:40:58 pm »
Try this for starters.
http://www.revotechnik.com/products/pdf/SelectPlus_AdvancedUserGuide_V0707.pdf

I know how to use the switch & settings if thats what you mean?

how long have you had your forge dv on? has it been driven much of late?

could well be the forge dv needs a service, if you have not got a kit ring them up and they will post you one - basically a bit of grease  the dv needs lubing every now and again to keep it working smoothly

Had it on 1 month before the remap in december & it was brand new too which everything has been fine up until now which am sure it aint me as I drive it everyday which is why I have noticed it seems different.

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 05:46:37 pm »
Also to add to my first post, I was driving back from the gym the other night going up the hill & gave it some abit like I always do & the revs shot up about 500rpm which am sure it did twice. I thought it may have been the weather but it got me thinking twice about the clutch may have slipped so I put my foot down again up another hill & down two straights which nothing happend & hasnt done since then. Could the clutch be slipping on stage 1? surely not & would this effect boost coming in as aggressive?