Make a donation

Author Topic: Silly question, but why do some golfs have ariels and others dont??  (Read 7937 times)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Silly question, but why do some golfs have ariels and others dont??
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 08:58:33 am »
Im glad to see some other 05 reg have the roof aerial, was getting a little worried.  I have taken these pictures, after inspecting the rear window last night there are only two elements that arent connected to the heating matrix that could be aerials, I hae tried to capture them in the very dusty picture below  :ashamed:

It can be just seen as the second line of wire running above the heating matrix.

ANd secondly the picture of my roof aerial, looks to be exactly OEM and in the exact position.

Only thing I can think is that a small number of 05 reg cars were the start of the roof mounted aerials. Those without roof mount, does the filament in the rear window the same as yours?  and others witht he roof mount 05 can you see if you have the same filaments as in my photo, it comes in from both sides and has a break in the middle which is off center.

Jaffa you have got me thinking and until this morning worried that strange things had been done to my car!  :scared:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 09:16:37 am »
I  would love a deffo answer to what to use when i change my whip to a sharkfin very soon, and the missus will have my blals if she's unable to listen to FM ariel, all advices is wellcome  :notworthy:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline jaffa666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 08:21:29 pm »
Im glad to see some other 05 reg have the roof aerial, was getting a little worried.  I have taken these pictures, after inspecting the rear window last night there are only two elements that arent connected to the heating matrix that could be aerials, I hae tried to capture them in the very dusty picture below  :ashamed:

It can be just seen as the second line of wire running above the heating matrix.

ANd secondly the picture of my roof aerial, looks to be exactly OEM and in the exact position.

Only thing I can think is that a small number of 05 reg cars were the start of the roof mounted aerials. Those without roof mount, does the filament in the rear window the same as yours?  and others witht he roof mount 05 can you see if you have the same filaments as in my photo, it comes in from both sides and has a break in the middle which is off center.

Jaffa you have got me thinking and until this morning worried that strange things had been done to my car!  :scared:

I think I am gonna have to listen to my mate, normally I never listen to anything that comes out of his mouth but when he says maybe the night shift workers couldnt be arsed fitting them and the dayshift could, or vice versa.

Like i said, normally pay no attention to him but since there doesnt seem to be any explanation, I am afraid he might be right, lol.

just seems that random models, regardless of age, equipment, or how many doors it has, seem to have ariels and some dont.  :confused: