Make a donation

Author Topic: Drivers Door/Window Control module 1KO 959 793G  (Read 998 times)

Offline duncy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Drivers Door/Window Control module 1KO 959 793G
« on: May 26, 2021, 09:27:25 pm »
Hello, apologies, new to forums, looking for some tech help.
2005 GTi 3dr  - Replaced door locking unit drivers side since central locking not working off key fob. In process, also noticed one wire broken and two wires insulation broken at the flexing bit between door and A pillar. Repaired all 3. Noticed that the internal C/L switch was only working to lock, not unlock, so off with interior door card, removed switch, cleaned contacts and re-fitted.
Now nothing from either this switch and now windows/door mirror adjustment not working nor fuel cap release, and got an airbag fault on dash for good measure.
Took to a pal with diagnostics, and although it cleared the airbag fault, and it confirms door control module getting 12v power, no comms with window, mirror, etc, so looks like I managed to fry the module?
The only other thing I can think is the door wiring loom spur to this module is so tight that unless you have hands like an octopus, impossible to remove door card without loading this section of loom, before can access the multi-block connectors to unlatch. I can't see any obvious damage to wiring/loom or connector at this area, but cannot check anything with my multimeter, as the connector block receptacles are so narrow, can't backprobe.
The module I suspect I may have damaged is inside driver side door, attached to window mechanism, my part no. 1KO 959 793G, and see photo. Seems most of the wiring from car main harness goes to this module, then spurs off to door switches, etc. Although the actual lock mechanism wiring probably bypasses this unit, as it's the only thing left working.
Anybody knows about these things and other possible cures?
Pretty worried now, as wife won't use it as she probably won't want to go through rigmarole of finding the way you override the fuel cap cover release, when you've no power.