Make a donation

Author Topic: Ed30 Hybrid Turbo build  (Read 7189 times)

Offline ljc19630

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Ed30 Hybrid Turbo build
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2021, 07:54:14 am »
That should give a good balance between vibration and keeping the engine solid.

That was my thought Sean.I'm not one to rag the nuts of the car anyway, and i wont track it so I think it will be sufficient. Got everything back together on the car now except the front bumper. Refilled the coolant last night and thats all sorted. No leaks (always a bonus) BCS exhaust is being delivered to R-Tech today, and just waiting for the Venom Turbo to be delivered and once i get the nod from Ben, will be driving up and leaving the car with them for a week or so.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2021, 01:48:27 pm »
Replacement OEMs will be OK for a while, but the gearbox one will go first as it's a fair bit soggier than the engine one.  They made that one softer because the gearboxes in these cars are agricultural.  LOADS of NVH! Anyway, see how you get on with them.

The Vibratechnics ones are great (fast road spec, avoid 'Race') but chunky dollar.  Also bear in mind NVH increases over winter as the poly/rubber in the mounts is stiffer. As good as the Vibras are, they still dished out too much NVH for my tastes.  It's mainly the transmission noise, it gets amplified a LOT.  Also quite a nasty vibration around 1200rpm but not too bad at idle and at higher rpms.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline ljc19630

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2021, 02:11:17 pm »
Replacement OEMs will be OK for a while, but the gearbox one will go first as it's a fair bit soggier than the engine one.  They made that one softer because the gearboxes in these cars are agricultural.  LOADS of NVH! Anyway, see how you get on with them.

The Vibratechnics ones are great (fast road spec, avoid 'Race') but chunky dollar.  Also bear in mind NVH increases over winter as the poly/rubber in the mounts is stiffer. As good as the Vibras are, they still dished out too much NVH for my tastes.  It's mainly the transmission noise, it gets amplified a LOT.  Also quite a nasty vibration around 1200rpm but not too bad at idle and at higher rpms.

Good to know Kev. Yeah i'll stick with the OEM for now and see how it goes. I'm upgrading the Dog Bone mount to an ECS unit, and also fitting Powerflex Antilift kit. That should help lessen wheel hop etc!!!!

Offline ljc19630

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Ed30 Hybrid Turbo build
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2021, 04:07:53 pm »
A few more additions today
OEM engine and trans mounts, Powerflex Black Series Anti Lift Kit,  Ferodo DS2500 front pads, AC re gassed. Just waiting for B6 Passat alloy arms /Ball Joints and she’s ready for STG3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 04:10:29 pm by ljc19630 »

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2021, 12:01:10 pm »

Good to know Kev. Yeah i'll stick with the OEM for now and see how it goes. I'm upgrading the Dog Bone mount to an ECS unit, and also fitting Powerflex Antilift kit. That should help lessen wheel hop etc!!!!

Yeah it should help  :happy2: I don't know what it is with these cars and engine mounts.  The missus's MK6 TDI has 12 year old standard mounts in it and there isn't a hint of engine slop or wheel hop......and yet the same mounts in the GTI.....terrible  :grin:

Offline ljc19630

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2021, 08:51:00 am »

Yeah it should help  :happy2: I don't know what it is with these cars and engine mounts.  The missus's MK6 TDI has 12 year old standard mounts in it and there isn't a hint of engine slop or wheel hop......and yet the same mounts in the GTI.....terrible  :grin:

The engine Mount wasn't too bad but still far more movement than the new one. Trans Mount was sloppier than a prostitutes fanny!!!!!
QQ, i've ordered a set of B6 Passat alloy arms. Was gonna just get the arms and ball joints, but found a kit that provided

Wishbone / Control Arms : 2

Track Rod End : 2

Drop Links : 2

Ball Joints : 2

Went for that, but after ordering i thought......cock are the drop links and track rods/ends the same on B6 as GTi??? :thinking: :thinking: :sad1:

Offline ljc19630

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2022, 05:26:44 pm »
Hey guys,
Been a while since last updating on this, hence here is the latest.
The car has been up at R-Tech since 7th Feb, and i'll be collecting this Friday 25th. All has gone well with the build and other work, and Niki will be starting the mapping tomorrow. The list of work completed and parts fitted are below

VENOM 450 HYBRID TURBO FIT
HYBRIDISED INJECTOR UPGRADE
INLET MANIFOLD WALNUT BLAST
CAM CHAIN/TENSIONER  + FIT
STG3 ECU & DSG MAPPING
NEW THERMOSTAT + FIT
FIT RED COIL PACK HARNESS
FIT RS4 PRESSURE VALVE
FIT I/C SIDE BRACKETS
RUNNER FLAP DELETE + FIT
OIL PICK PIPE REPLACEMENT +FIT
VIS BALANCE SHAFT DELETE +FIT
NEW REVO INDUCTION KIT + FIT
FIT BCS EXHAUST + TRACKSLAG DP
VENOM 450 HYBRID TURBO
BCS SPORT EXHAUST
MST INDUCTION KIT
TRACKSLAG DP
RUNNER FLAP DELETE KIT
R8 COIL PACKS
RS4 PRESSURE VALVE
AIRTEC IC
NGK Spark Plug PFR7S8EG (1675) X 4
TRHERMOSTAT
OEM FUEL FILTER
INDUCTION HEAT SHIELD
GENUINE DIPSTICK
BOOST PIPE O RING AND SECURING CLIP
POWERFLEX ANTI LIFT KIT
FERODO FRP3078R PADS
ECS DOG BONE MOUNT KIT
ENGINE & TRANS MOUNTS

Got a call with Ben (he's a true Legend) just to get a full update as been chatting on text, but all in all cant wait till Friday to collect the car. The journey from Nuneton to Horsham should be a hoot! I've asked Niki to get the car to 430hp and likely he'll cap the TQ at 450. Reason i want 430hp, is (@pudding you'll be pleased to know) that i'm getting bespoke EDITION 430 badges made exactly like OEM, but instead of plastic, these are raised Nickel, and chromed with red lettering.  The artwork mock up is below A bit of fun, and will be interesting to see how many people notice :signLOL:

I'll send a further update once i've collected the car, and provide an overall report on the performance

« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 05:28:32 pm by ljc19630 »

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2022, 11:34:43 am »
Good stuff  :happy2:

Edition 430 is a nice touch.  Obviously Joe Public won't have the foggiest, but those in the know will probably guess it's tuned up to that figure  :grin:

Back in my VR6 Turbo days, a few folk liked to use the T from a Transporter Van to stick on after VR6, but I prefer 100% stealth.  Give absolutely nothing away  :grin: 

Offline ljc19630

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2022, 12:15:29 pm »
Thanks Kev!
As you say, most wont have a clue, but as  the car looks OEM it may surprise a few when they see it take off!!!!

Offline Sean_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2022, 01:38:53 pm »
Good to hear everything is going well and no major issues have come to light. I’m looking forward to seeing the final results.

Offline ljc19630

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2022, 02:23:33 pm »
Cheers Sean!
Counting down the days to collection…..as well as the day I’ll get a build week for my new RS3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ljc19630

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2022, 12:41:25 pm »
COLLECTION DAY :jumpmove: :jumpmove:
On Train to Nuneton, and the drive home in the sunshine will be a giggle no doubt!!!! Espicially with shyte tyres that are on the car till PS4s are fitted all round next week. Update to follow :driver: :driver:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2022, 01:41:16 pm »
Look forward to the update on this

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2022, 03:49:57 pm »
Good stuff.  Take it easy on the way home with all that Cadburys booooooooooooost  :laugh:

Offline breeze

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2022, 04:10:25 pm »
Let us know how you get on...  :happy2: