Make a donation

Author Topic: Adolf the Golf  (Read 12772 times)

Offline Clarky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Adolf the Golf
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2024, 11:49:28 am »
Yesterday was 4 new Pirelli tyres, the cam follower ( came out looking like new anyway apparently) and a bearing too courtesy of Fastfit in Cheshunt. Can't do tyres myself, bad enough on the mountain bike let alone a car and while they had it a few niggles ticked off the list too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Clarky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2024, 09:47:30 am »
We are now running a stage 1 remap! What a difference too, better throttle response and more oomph. I'll be sure to raise some eyebrows with this, but had it done by Superchips in their March deal...£240 all in with the guy coming to my place of work to do it. Now i know its not rolling road tuned, and i'm sure i could possibly have got another 10BBBHP ( Billy Bullsh*t Brake Horsepower...the kind you find in pubs) from another tuner, however this is a safe map and serves my needs just fine for now. My car is used to take my son to football/swimming, daughter rugby and drive them back from school etc. so didn't want it spikey, deffo no pops and bangs ( why is that even a thing?) and just linear performance and that is what i got. For the money its a good deal from a reputable company with years of experience. Sure they have probably gone through a million owners but i cannot fault what it got from them. James the fitter was friendly and polite, respectful of his surroundings and i'd welcome him back for stage 2 if i keep the car.

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 100
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2024, 11:05:38 am »
I too had a superchips remap done on my car a few years ago now. I wasn't after max power figures I just wanted more oomph in the mid range for overtaking and that's exactly what it provided. It was a really noticeable difference. On the rolling road it made 236bhp with everything else completely standard, but it's the mid range torque that really matters for every day road driving. For the money and convenience I can't fault it.

Offline Clarky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2024, 10:54:13 am »
@Octoparrot I couldn't agree more, for the money and the overtaking shove it was worth it. True enough i don't have the sticker on the window of some insta-famous tuner but they have been around enough years and must have done thousands of maps over different platforms to know roughly what they are up to. I was almost not going to put who did the map but kinda glad I did now.