Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI DSG cut out at motorway speeds. Urgent help!!!!  (Read 1133 times)

Offline slynch23

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
GTI DSG cut out at motorway speeds. Urgent help!!!!
« on: August 14, 2022, 05:28:55 pm »
My girlfriend was driving the car today and as we were on a dual carriageway doing about 60 the gearbox started dropping gears and slowing the car down. I put the stick into manual and told her to change up with the paddles but it kept undoing it and dropping it down! Luckily there was a lay by coming up so we pulled in there and the car slowed itself to a complete stop and the engine cut out. My girlfriend said the throttle wasn’t responding at all when she was trying to speed back up. Anyway.. so I jumped into the drivers seat and tried to start the engine but it wouldn’t, no lights on the dash or anything apart from the battery light - we both unplugged our phones and tried again but still nothing. I think I got it to start on the 3rd or 4th attempt.I drove the rest of the way home (about 1hr 20mins) and it was absolutely fine. I’ve done nearly 400 miles in it this weekend and apart from that it’s been faultless.

My girlfriend needs the car for a 500 mile round trip on Thursday and I’m now absolutely terrified, especially as she’s 6 months pregnant.

Does anyone have any idea why this could have happened? Has anyone experienced it?