Make a donation

Author Topic: High RPM misfire  (Read 573 times)

Offline Birty_

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
High RPM misfire
« on: September 07, 2022, 02:45:51 pm »
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help?

My Edition 30 is R-tech stage 2+ which has been awesome.

I've noticed lately that high RPM when it's struggling for traction I'll occasionally get the flashing engine management light come on and off. I've also noticed that my car occasionally puffs some smoke and the exhaust tips are fairly black.

I've plugged it in and I'm getting the following codes:

P1093
P3266

Along with multiple cylinder misfires and cylinders 1 & 4.

1093 points to a fueling issue and this coupled with the smoking and black exhaust makes me tend to agree.

My plugs and coils are not all that old, and I'd be surprised if it's them. The only thing I can think of is that R-tech mentioned a non-genuine downpipe gasket was fitted, so maybe it's this? Failing that I'll have a look at the O2 sensor.

But generally the car drives fine, it's just occasionally when it really struggles for traction. Any ideas before I speak with R-tech for some advice.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Freem82

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: High RPM misfire
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 09:03:22 pm »
Mines done this once a while back but never done it again, I just put it down to the traction control coming in so aggressively that it caused the misfires.
Interested to see a definitive answer though in case it does it again. I'm only stage 1 fyi

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 676
Re: High RPM misfire
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 03:06:35 pm »
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17501/P1093/004243
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/19722/P3266

A few things to be checking there.

Remaps are VERY aggressive on engines and supporting components, especially 2+, which is why I sacked it off and went back to Stage 1.

So long as the smoke isn't blue/white, don't worry about that.  Black smoke and soot are part of 2+ life I'm afraid.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D