Make a donation

Author Topic: 2008 2.0 TSI Sportline Estate - Japanese Import  (Read 3097 times)

Offline adamvaughan

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
2008 2.0 TSI Sportline Estate - Japanese Import
« on: October 22, 2022, 09:08:17 pm »
2.0 TSI Sportline Estate 5dr Petrol DSG
£5995.00
Collection Only

I'm sure many of you know about these but if not a brief intro - this was a mk5 model only available in Japan - an Estate / Variant / Wagon with the same 2.0 TSI (BWA) as the GTi, so effectively a GTI estate ;). I originally bought this as a family car after the arrival of my daughter but in the 6 months (!) it took to arrive from Japan I found another for sale at a dealer in the UK, so this one is up for sale now its arived and registered.

Like many Japanese cars this one has been very well looked after and not driven a great deal, only showing 40900ish miles. The paintwork is excellent, I've not noticed and major scratches or chips and it hasn't suffered from the usual mk5 rusty wings since the roads are not salted in Japan. The interior is in equally good condition with the only real sign on wear a slightly wrinkly bolster on the drivers seat. All 4 17" wheels are in great condition with no kerbing and very little pitting.

It has a full Japanese service history, but since every other country only appears to do timing belts on mileage rather than age, I have had the timing belt and water pump changed since it arrived in the UK, along with fresh oil and filter. My mechanic said he'd never seen such an immaculate engine when taking the cover off for the timing belt. It runs smoothly, pulls well and the DSG box shifts when it should, or when you tell it to if you use the paddles.

If I was keeping it i"d spend some time polishing the paint, polishing the cloudiness out of one of the headlights and swapping the stereo for one I could understand. I'd also probably do the same 30mm drop, 18" Monzas and GTI grille I've done on my other (photos shown for inspiration).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 07:49:44 pm by adamvaughan »