Make a donation

Author Topic: 2 x Mk5 Gtis being broken, West Midlands  (Read 11770 times)

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
2 x Mk5 Gtis being broken, West Midlands
« on: November 19, 2022, 10:50:17 pm »
2 x Mk5 Gtis being broken, West Midlands
£0.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery or Collection

I have, in annoying and frustrating circumstances, ended up with 2 Black Gtis that are both dead on my drive, both for engine reasons, so I couldnt even get away with making a good one out of the two, and have had to replace them both with an R32!

I will start pulling them apart and will list stuff separately as I have the chance, however, due to lots of stuff that is going on at the minute, that may take me ages, so I thought a general post about both being broken may be helpful for anyone who is after specific bits etc.

One is an 05 5 door, block and head are totally scrap.  Was in daily use until a couple of months back when the engine lunched itself.  Pretty much all standard.  Of note off the top of my head has:

- Heated Leathers in decent condition
- Standard Grey Leather Gti Steering wheel
- 17" Monzas with decent Tyres
-  Midline Clocks
- Generally things are pretty tidy, so anyone who needs standard bits like engine cover, trim, light covers etc etc etc, they might be of use to you.

One is an 06 3 door, with a few more tasty bits and pieces on, but that has been sat for longer.  Again, engine itself is lunched.  Again, from the top of my head there is:

- Heated Cloth interior in not bad condition
- Black MFSW
- Cat Back Stainless, although the cat itself was getting borderline on MOT passes, so maybe just the backbox of use
- 18" Monzas
- Neuspeed Intake
- Twintercooler Setup
- Reversing sensor setup rear bumper etc
- Highline clocks

There will be other decent bits on both - As I say, I am working a bit off memory at the minute.

I just need the cars gone, so once I get started, really I just need it all out the way, so not especially bothered about getting top dollar for bits, I just need the space back, but know that the bits on them both are too good to let go for scrap.

I am based just outside Walsall in the West Midlands, but work in Cardiff, so go there most weeks, and am happy to take stuff there (or meet people in between).

Shout if any questions, and as I actually get stuff off I will get pictures up, but if people want me to get pictures of anything specific, let me know and I can do.  I am actually listing this right now when I am away from home with work for a few days, as thats the only way I actually get time to, but feel free to send me questions etc and Ill answer best I can, then send pics when I get back.

I dont love posting car bits out - There is too much room for stuff to get damaged, go missing etc  - I would much rather collections, or meet you somewhere etc in an ideal world, but it can possibly be arranged on some stuff.

Dan
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 09:37:16 pm by JregGT »

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: 2 x Mk5 Gtis being broken, West Midlands
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 10:51:07 pm »
I dont know why the pictures of the cars haven't loaded - I am working on it!

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 08:37:56 pm »
Hi, i am after the dash trim that goes around the stereo (both parts top and bottom). But ideally want it unmarked. Please let me know or send me a pic if possible? Thanks.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=sn5kv33074rrocui0maldd8r95&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 09:12:16 pm »
Possibly interested in the front bumper of the one with washer jets… let me have better photos please.

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 10:13:29 pm »
Hi, i am after the dash trim that goes around the stereo (both parts top and bottom). But ideally want it unmarked. Please let me know or send me a pic if possible? Thanks.

No worries - I cant remember what they are like - Will get you some pics.  I am not back at home until the end of the week at the very earliest, so will send you a message when I am back.

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 10:16:24 pm »
Possibly interested in the front bumper of the one with washer jets… let me have better photos please.

No worries, I will get you some pics, but from my memory, there is a bit of a gouge on the passengers side of it.  As above, wont be back until the end of the week at the earliest, so will get you some over.

Dan

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 04:39:39 pm »

No worries - I cant remember what they are like - Will get you some pics.  I am not back at home until the end of the week at the very earliest, so will send you a message when I am back.

Thank you.

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 09:50:09 pm »
I would be interested in front wings if they are completely rust free?

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 09:59:31 pm »
I would be interested in front wings if they are completely rust free?

I will have a look at the end of the week when I get back mate, but I don't think there is anyway I would describe them (even without checking) as completely rust free.  I know one of the passenger side ones is definitely no good, and one of the drivers side is free of 'rust' but has pretty bad lacquer peel on the top edge which has resulted in a fair bit of surface rust.  The other two are 'fine' off the top of my head, so potentially could make a decent pair, but I haven't looked with an eye to them ever being sold etc, just that they were fine on the cars.  Will take a look and let you know, but I expect to be telling you they both have at least some rust on!

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 09:15:10 pm »
Cheers matey.

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2022, 12:36:10 pm »
@Washout - Unfortunately I was correct, none of the wings are especially great to be honest - One passenger and one driver (off opposing cars) would 'do' if you were desperate or if yours were really bad, but neither are especially great - One has some laquer peel and the other has had a little dink/scrape down by the sill (The other two are scrap) - Let me know if you still want some pics, but they arent what you are after I dont think.

@rich83 - Again, unfortunately I was right - There is a pretty deep gouge in the passengers side of the bumper with the washer jets (My father-in-law clipped a nail sticking out of our fence when he was moving my car on the drive) - I can still get you some pics if you want, but I am guessing you don't want it as a result!

@Jons1001 - The trim in the 5 door is 'OK' but does have a couple of small marks here and there.  I will have a proper look at the one in the 3 door (I couldn't get to it properly as there is some stuff in the way and I was on borrowed time till I had to take over childcare!) and if its any better I will send you some pics.

All in all not the most successful morning, given everything you all asked about is knackered  :grin: sorry! 

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2022, 01:12:04 pm »
No probs mate thanks for checking. Please let me know once you have checked the one in your three door.

Offline jayha11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97064.0.html
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2022, 09:06:08 am »
Hi

Could be interested in a number of door skins condition depending and a few interior pieces. Where about are you based in the Midlands? Would be great if I could pop over at some point if possible.
Mk5 GTI > S3 8P > Cupra 300 > Cupra 290 > Mk5 R32

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2022, 11:48:54 am »
Hi

Could be interested in a number of door skins condition depending and a few interior pieces. Where about are you based in the Midlands? Would be great if I could pop over at some point if possible.

I am Walsall mate (well Aldridge actually if you know the area) - Drop me a PM and we can sort something - I work from home most of the time, so shouldnt be a big problem to sort a day, there are just times when I have to go into Cardiff to my office

Dan

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2022, 01:29:09 pm »
Am after these 2 switches with with all the clips on the side