Make a donation

Author Topic: Creations Motorsport Intercooler  (Read 1704 times)

Offline ksamyui

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Creations Motorsport Intercooler
« on: November 23, 2022, 06:01:29 pm »
Anybody used the Creations Motorsport Intercooler?

It’s coming in not much more expensive than a second hand s3 intercooler.

Just wondering what it’s like in terms of fitment, quality and performance.

Cheers

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
Re: Creations Motorsport Intercooler
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 09:52:28 am »
Not used their intercooler but have used their silcon hoses which were decent quality.

Offline breeze

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 04:41:03 pm »
I have one. Seems decent. There are lots of intercoolers that use the same design, Darkside is another.

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 08:03:46 pm »
I have also used their silicone hoses as well...just wish they could be a little more discrete with their logo!

That intercooler doesn't look good -  to me it looks like they have added a CM panel onto cheap intercooler.

Why by second hand intercooler - the Nissens 96420 has been used by many on here with great results, their quality is very good - certainly better than the CM one.
One on ebay for £150 plus postage
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295357603590?epid=7039429288&hash=item44c4af5f06:g:I2EAAOSw2KFjfKLA&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsH%2FM1ky0bXIsjlmxC4jWZfI6H6bJmYvo%2BO%2B2INRXG%2FrrhubuLuFv6KymqkeR5EiV3bZMO0xCSOw8iL9HVrBp1AXOpQ03mB2k%2Fm4fScpVsk%2Fvw%2Bybe%2FDqL%2FZ4u49o%2BxtxPACPdWdbDFnXhqjjExtkh1VEm%2BqAkF4YZKCOntV%2BNz%2BDxfwtW%2FltmhrV0pv6sis5DAZVAE5EqBOka8zKRHBaM%2F7lC4ptGZBaga9Xz1Aogsw0%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR9TyoaqXYQ
If you are careful, you can use your existing rubber boost hoses - remove the bayonette connection without cutting rubber - all you then need is clamps
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 08:11:59 pm by LC5F »

Offline breeze

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 07:23:57 pm »
This is the one I bought:
https://creationsmotorsport.com/vw-golf-mk5-gti-audi-a3-8p-seat-leon-skoda-octavia-2-0-tfsi-front-mount-intercooler-silicone-hose-silver-kit-h0213.html

I thought the quality was good. It is definitely sourced in the Far East and rebranded, but that doesn’t mean that it is bad. I think it is priced appropriately. One of the websites shows this compared to an S3 cooler, and it is definitely bigger.

My simple view for headroom was:
GTI->S3->This one->Wagner/Airtec etc.

I think there is a separate debate to be had about getting a cooler that is the right size. If no plans for K04 or big turbo and you are not planning on doing any track days I would definitely go for the S3 unit.

Offline ksamyui

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 11:07:21 pm »
This is the one I bought:
https://creationsmotorsport.com/vw-golf-mk5-gti-audi-a3-8p-seat-leon-skoda-octavia-2-0-tfsi-front-mount-intercooler-silicone-hose-silver-kit-h0213.html

I thought the quality was good. It is definitely sourced in the Far East and rebranded, but that doesn’t mean that it is bad. I think it is priced appropriately. One of the websites shows this compared to an S3 cooler, and it is definitely bigger.

My simple view for headroom was:
GTI->S3->This one->Wagner/Airtec etc.

I think there is a separate debate to be had about getting a cooler that is the right size. If no plans for K04 or big turbo and you are not planning on doing any track days I would definitely go for the S3 unit.

I went with a FORGE one in the end second hand in good condition 👍.