Make a donation

Author Topic: How far can you go with stage 2+ preparation before a tune is required  (Read 656 times)

Offline Marticus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 1
Hi guys, as per the title really,.

As I mentioned in the previous thread it looks like my turbo may need replacing sooner or later, and I'm wondering if it's worth investing in a hybrid K03 if I'm doing it.

Right now the car is stage 1 tuned, and I have an intake on the way to be fitted, and am looking at other requirements.

So far I am looking at:

Upgraded hpfp
S3 intercooler
S3 injectors
Hybrid k03
Decat downpipe.

I'm not going to be doing this all in one go (unless the turbo goes sooner), so the question is which of the above can I reliably run without a tune, obviously I would be getting a stage 2+ tune once everything is in place but don't want to start fitting parts that will cause problems.

Thanks guyd

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
Re: How far can you go with stage 2+ preparation before a tune is required
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 02:37:24 pm »
As soon as you change injectors you'll need a tune, decat downpipe will need rear 02 sensor coding out also. Or you'll get a P420 cat efficiency above threashold fault. EML on.

Offline Marticus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 1
Re: How far can you go with stage 2+ preparation before a tune is required
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 11:23:34 am »
As soon as you change injectors you'll need a tune, decat downpipe will need rear 02 sensor coding out also. Or you'll get a P420 cat efficiency above threashold fault. EML on.

Perfect, thanks for the help, I'll look at getting the intercooler and hpfp upgrade done sooner, and get the rest done with the tune. I don't think I missed anything in my list right?