Make a donation

Author Topic: 2x Pioneer Subs with Custom Boxes  (Read 722 times)

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
2x Pioneer Subs with Custom Boxes
« on: February 05, 2023, 06:00:30 pm »
2x Pioneer Subs with Custom Boxes
£280.00
Collection Only

I built these a few years ago as I was going for a setup where I still have boot space and not have to worry about removing subwoofers in case I need to access my spare wheel. I originally got this idea from uberstealth who made something similar but they are USA based.

Used them for a while but getting my Golf  ready to sell so these will be up for grabs.

The model number is Pioneer TS-SW2502S4, I bought these from USA when I was there for a trip as these were not available in the UK at that time. Shallow mount subs with awesome bass. They are 300watts RMS each. You will need an amp that can provide 500-600watts RMS at 2 ohms to power these. I was using a JL Audio JX-500/1D amp which was perfect.

I never got a chance to build a removable floor which would have sat in the gap between the boxes but I have tested and the spare wheel can be removed when the boxes are placed. You just need an MDF peice that can cover the actual spare wheel and toolkit.

They come with the spacers/covers too which stay in place, they don't hit the subs and is there to protect the subwoofers from damage.
They fit both MK5 and MK6 golfs.Testing welcome

Collection only from Walthamstow, London. Happy for you to test in your car before buying.