Make a donation

Author Topic: URGENT: rattle  (Read 501 times)

Offline Mikeyboi07

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
URGENT: rattle
« on: May 22, 2023, 06:49:53 pm »
Hi guys. Newbie here. So forgive me for coming here but I have an Audi TTS mk2 CDL engine. I’ve posted on the Audi forums but no one has ever replied. My dad had a golf mk5 GTi and was always on here for advice or troubleshooting so I’m hoping someone can help. I’ve got a rattle coming from the car, but you can only hear it down by the passenger and drivers wheel. From the engine bay you can’t hear it at all, I’ve recently changed the cam follower and I’ve just ordered a new cam chain and tensioner, however I changed the chain on my dads golf BWA and that rattle sounded a lot different to this. I took the car to Rtec (Swansea) who weren’t much help tbh, they plugged it in and charged me £100 and said it showed no faults but didn’t listen to the noise at all. It only does it when it’s warm, I’m leaned more towards oil chain, tensioner or balance shafts or both. I’ve made a YouTube video to add so will add that. If anyone’s experienced this rattle and had a solution could you let me know. Once again sorry for coming on here but it seems the folks on here are more helpful

eature=share