Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30, lost power throwing & me back when I lift off the throttle  (Read 603 times)

Offline Northern_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Hi all,

Noticed a loss of power today, almost as if the turbo isn’t working at all, but I can hear it spooling still.

Also when WOT and then letting off, it feels like the whole car shunts, kinda feels like the opposite of launch control haha! Not sure how to explain it to be honest!

No EML on at all

My local guy hasn’t got a spot until Wednesday so just wondering if there’s anything I should be looking for.

Car is stage 1, I changed the DV maybe 6 months ago, so I’d be surprised if it’s that but who knows
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 01:10:10 pm by Northern_ED30 »

Offline Northern_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Checked DV, no issues. (It's Rev G and about 6 month old).

Checked PCV with blow test, all good.

Car is idling quite lumpy now.

I took off HPFP and checked cam follower, was fine but I replaced it anyway because I had one spare.

I took it out for a spin again and it's clear there's no boost, when I let off the throttle it's started to pop/crackle now, it's never really done that before.
Not in limp mode because I can rev it to red line

It's due for some new wheel arches as mine are rusty, so I guess when I change them tomorrow I'll have to take the bumper off and see if the IC boost pipes have blown off.

Offline 09Pirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,133619.0.html
turbo outlet pipe might have a hole in it, also dv hose
2009 Pirelli Edition Stage 2+