Make a donation

Author Topic: Aircon issues, faulty n280 or something else?  (Read 443 times)

Offline Shottyman

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Aircon issues, faulty n280 or something else?
« on: June 19, 2023, 04:10:20 pm »
I don't think this aircon has ever worked since i had the car (2 years now) so i've been looking into getting it back up and running again.

VCDS gives me P00898 Control Circuit A/C compressor 010 open or short to plus.

Compressor shutdown code is 16.

Ross indicates this is usually an N280 fault, so i thought i would just see if its being commanded to operate or not, incase its a pressure switch issue.

With the aircon on, i get +12v at the N280 connector between one terminal and an engine earth point which goes when i select eco mode, I don't however get a voltage between the 2 pins. when looking for a ground on the 2nd pin, i get open circuit. looking at the diagrams (not fully gened up on VW drawings) it looks like it goes to an earth on the left headlight. I slaved a ground onto that pin, VCDS fault then clears and compressor shutdown goes to 0 but still no aircon operation which makes me think maybe the earth is controlled by something else and i've read the diagrams wrong? of do i have 2 faults of a ground loss and a faulty N280.

i do have pressure in the system, i thought originally it was just low gas so i brought a top-up kit but the gauge says its "ok"

any assistance would be lovely, i dont want to change compressors if its something minor (i might change the G63 switch anyway)