Make a donation

Author Topic: P000a and p0011 troubles  (Read 686 times)

Offline Skiffi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
P000a and p0011 troubles
« on: June 28, 2023, 12:25:38 am »
Hey guys, ive been for atleast a month now trying to fix up my car before it possibly dies, im currently driving a gti mk5 dsg made in 2005 and have had it tuned, and ive ran into some running issues, the check engine light is on and comes up with p0011 and p000a but never at the same time, it sort of switches between, sometimes it comes up with the first and then after deleting then the other. I have sometimes trouble starting the car, and also it has a bit of a rough idle when warm but sounds horrible and shakes when cold. Ive gotten the oil pressure light a few times and changed oil, both times the oil filter seems to have crushed itself sort of like if you held it and squished it really hard. I also hear a ticking noise from the engine and ive read that its because of the oil pressure being wrong

Things i have tried:
1. Changed the oil 3 times
2. Changed the camshaft position sensor
3. Changed the n205 valve
4. Changed the oil pressure sensor
5. Changed the sparks
6. Taken the oil pan and cleaned the pickup pipe and pan (both were clean as could be)
7. Have tried putting a additive to the oil
8. Put an additive to the fuel

When i changed the cam pos sensor the old one  had sludge on it but the car ran like never before and then after about a week or 2 it got worse, also when i changed the n205 sensor i moreso noticed the fuel economy increase over anything else.

My father also noticed the turbo was maybe leaking a little oil, a bit odd since it isnt going into the combustion just rather leaking onto the skid cover under the car

Next thing on my list is to either buy a new oil pump or go to a mechanic and have them diagnose the issue and tell me it.

But i dont want to keep wasting money left and right, because the engine might also just have to be rebuilt which i dont want to have to do, since i have to drive a long way to work and stuff.

If anyone has had the same issue please let me know if you have found a fix

Ive also posted some images of the codes and what the filter looked like when o first changed it, the second time it wasnt nearly as bad but still you could see it curve a little inwards

Any questions you have please do comment them below