All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

New Member - Newly Purchased ED30

<< < (10/17) > >>

mk1mad:

--- Quote from: Graney_ED30 on June 09, 2026, 05:34:01 pm ---


Aye mate, pretty much the same craic like, get it all clean and get it zinc primed and painted up.

Only found a small hole at the moment like so im suitably impressed…..the arch liners were holding a massive amount of mud haha!

Aye MK1 has been “done” for a while now, it needs a few bits still as they always do but I’ve done about 2000 miles in it since I finished the conversion, hasn’t skipped a beat tbh

--- End quote ---
Arch liners hold loads of mud the fronts are terrible that's what causes the sills to rot at the front.

Good to hear you mk1 is running well, I'm still having the mapping fine tuned. I still not driven mine yet but it is pretty much together.
Look foward to your progress, I'm starting on my inner arches and suspension later this month.

Graney_ED30:

--- Quote ---Good to hear you mk1 is running well, I'm still having the mapping fine tuned. I still not driven mine yet but it is pretty much together.
Look foward to your progress, I'm starting on my inner arches and suspension later this month.

--- End quote ---

Cheers mate, aye I can just start to see the fronts starting to go under the bottom of the wing at the sill so gonna get the wings off n all and sort that before it gets too bad!

Aye it’s running sweet as a nut, it’s a shade over 200 brake and tbh I dunno if I’d want it any quicker than it is 😂 be good to see some pics of yours like - here’s a couple how mine stands now








mk1mad:

--- Quote from: Graney_ED30 on June 13, 2026, 07:55:24 pm ---
--- Quote ---Good to hear you mk1 is running well, I'm still having the mapping fine tuned. I still not driven mine yet but it is pretty much together.
Look foward to your progress, I'm starting on my inner arches and suspension later this month.

--- End quote ---

Cheers mate, aye I can just start to see the fronts starting to go under the bottom of the wing at the sill so gonna get the wings off n all and sort that before it gets too bad!

Aye it’s running sweet as a nut, it’s a shade over 200 brake and tbh I dunno if I’d want it any quicker than it is 😂 be good to see some pics of yours like - here’s a couple how mine stands now


--- End quote ---
Mk1 looks great, that's a tidy engine install as well. AGU engine ?

 I also  have also have recaros in mine. What brackets did you use to fit the recaros?I have scirocco subframes but they are binding making the seats very difficult to move forwards or back.

I'll put some photos up   of my mk1 on my Edition 30 thread. Mine was   around  260 bhp on the rollers and I have got a diff in it.

My sills sound exactly the same, rusting under the wings, like you wings need to come off see how bad it is. 

Graney_ED30:

--- Quote ---Mk1 looks great, that's a tidy engine install as well. AGU engine ?

 I also  have also have recaros in mine. What brackets did you use to fit the recaros?I have scirocco subframes but they are binding making the seats very difficult to move forwards or back.

I'll put some photos up   of my mk1 on my Edition 30 thread. Mine was   around  260 bhp on the rollers and I have got a diff in it.

My sills sound exactly the same, rusting under the wings, like you wings need to come off see how bad it is.

--- End quote ---

Cheers mate, aye a wanted to make the install as tidy as I could for doing it myself, I wanted it to look like it was meant to be there all along!

Nice, will have a look at them when you post them, 260 sounds mental tbh 😂

For the seats, I made my own mounts, basically got an old set of runners and adapted them to fit the bottom of the recaros and then put the pin in it at the front.










Feel like I’m starting all over again with the MK5 😂 let’s just say it has escalated from a “rear subframe refresh” haha

Graney_ED30:
Well…..the plot thickens as these things do 😂

All the rear end is now stripped down, and I did get the bits for the front but I have ended up having to drop the front subframe due to two snapped bolts 😭

Then again, means I can now also clean up the subframe to match the rest which I am secretly happy about haha.

The rust on the suspension components is quite extensive, but thankfully most things are coming away ok















Just got the two front ABS sensors to get out then I’ll have everything off to get powder coated, in the meantime while those are getting done I’ll be starting the cleanup/rust proofing/painting ready for re-assembly.

Found a bit of rust hiding on the front passenger wing but luckily managed to find a clean genuine second hand one from a diesel breaker in the same colour so gonna pick that up soon - thanks fully the inner arches are sound even after finding all that crap behind the arch liner!

Does anyone know if you can still get the rear brake lines that come from under the passenger side to the rear corners? I am assuming you can still get them at TPS?

I’ve also bought all the seals for the rear calipers, gonna just rebuild them myself as I have access to a small blasting cab and I already have the paint, will put a separate post up about that.

Slow and steady…..although I do wanna get cracked on as I miss driving it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version