Make a donation

Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 630 times)

Offline RogersBristolMK5

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Hello all
« on: October 01, 2023, 06:58:10 pm »
New member, from Bristol area.

Had my first mk5 gti about 8 years ago, and am dipping my toe back in after selling my Ducati and Z4 coupe to fund some house stuff and generally be a little bit more sensible, as I’ve now I’ve got a kid (she’s two so it took me a while to break)

I’ve bought a bit of a beater to mess around with and drive to work.

Have sorted myself some genuine BBS, sorted the droplinks, and gave the head lights a refurb so far.
I also have fitted a ram air intake as when I got home from purchasing it, I realised the cold air intake pipe, where is connects to the grill was snapped. The prev owner had just pushed it together to avoid me noticing. Tosser.
Any way. Just done an oil and filter service, and I’m going to change the PCV, and inlet, as I think the flap might be broke. Have a weird raspy noise as higher revs.

Once I get the usual common areas prevented, I might do some body work stuff.

Can anyone tell me what colour code this car is? I think it should be in the boot but the sticker seems to be missing?

Cheers. Mark.

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 08:29:21 pm »
Hi and welcome!

Your car looks great in that colour and i like the wheels aswell. Any pictures of the interior? What options does it have?

The colour is shadow blue and a google search says the paint code is D5Q/LD5Q (not sure why there is two paint codes, anyone know?)

Anyway good luck with the car!