Make a donation

Author Topic: Cooling Fans not running - AC ‘On’ does not signal fan start…..P0480 code  (Read 1347 times)

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
Hello. 
My 2006 GTi’s AC doesn’t operate - cooling fans are not running which I believe are controlled by relay in large fan. 
I haven’t managed to unhook the connector on the AC pressure switch to test it but the fans do run when jumped from the battery so I’m pretty sure it’s the  fan controller at fault.   I have a P0480 fault - Cooling Fan 1 control circuit code too.  Seem to be quite a few complete fans on eBay; are they all compatible? Mine has a AD suffix - 1KO.121.207.AD; there are a number with BC suffix from Golf and Audi diesels so wondering if their controllers will work?
Thanks.   
PR

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 65
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
As long as the main part number is the same the suffix is a revision, so they should fit. Just check the sellers policy on returns if it doesn't.

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
Thanks for your reply. 
The surround/housing and fans look the same as mine  - there are one or two that don’t have the flap vents in the housing (as mine does) so I’ll avoid those!
I’ll try and find something newer than my 2006 model; anything the same age or older will doubtless not have much life left..
I’ll report back…..
:happy2: