Make a donation

Author Topic: Key locking unlocking problems.  (Read 1100 times)

Offline T4yy18

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Key locking unlocking problems.
« on: November 25, 2023, 09:36:44 pm »
Hi i have a 2007 mk5 gti 2 door. When i first got the car the key buttons would not work at all with locking or unlocking the car i would have to put the key blade in the key barrel in the door.
At firstvi thought it was the key battery that ad gone so i replace the batter and still would not work.  I had someone to look into it and it turns out the key has lost its information to the car. Having that sorted the buttons would start to work but only when the key was really close to the car. After that i had the car plugged in with a cheap scanner to find a fault with another problem and noticed 2 codes for the passanger door. They were 00097 and 00920. I was advised to get a door lock. I bought a second hand one and when testing with the key i could stand like a meter away and it would work.

My question is how far away do you have to be for the key signal to reach the car for it to work?

And is there anything eles i would have to change for it to work at a long distance

Offline asherkimball

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Key locking unlocking problems.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 04:05:49 pm »
I can lock or unlock my mk5 from around 30 m, I did have an issue where I had to stand really close when my battery in the key was low but it sounds like you already replaced the battery