Make a donation

Author Topic: Opinion on speakers upgrade  (Read 671 times)

Offline pedromachado

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Opinion on speakers upgrade
« on: January 29, 2024, 08:30:39 pm »
Hi all! I recently bought a head unit from China for my Golf MK5 Plus, I'm really happy about the purchase and being able to listen to music via bluetooth. Head unit quality is pretty decent.
Now I was thinking about upgrading my speakers, but my budget is really tight so it limits my options.
I was thinking about buying JBL gto 609C even though it's only a 2 speakers and my car has 3 speakers in each door(i think), my question would be..
Would I notice any difference using these speakers with no amplifier? Is my budget too short for me to notice any improvement?

Thanks in advance, i'm really just a car noob any input would help a lot.

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
Opinion on speakers upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 02:47:55 pm »
I upgraded the speakers all round on mine (Focal) and was disappointed as although it sounded better it wasn’t the big difference I was expecting. That is until I installed a small micro amp (Vibe powerbox 65.4) and it has made a huge difference. The amp is small enough that it fits behind the headunit in the dash and it was simple plug and play. The amp only costs about £80 so a very worthwhile upgrade. Could be worth trying that first before going speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk