Make a donation

Author Topic: Clutch pedal play at top of travel?  (Read 327 times)

Offline keith5d

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Clutch pedal play at top of travel?
« on: February 19, 2024, 12:35:55 am »
So as above in the title...went to test drive a GTI today and noticed a bit of play at the top of the clutch pedal travel. Like there was a couple of inches of the pedal not being connected to anything, not pressure behind it till you reached a certain point.
The car is mapped to 250ish according to the guys selling it, clutch bites nice and low, and there's no transmission issues except reverse maybe being a little bit stiff sometimes.
Any ideas of what this could be as I quite like the car but obviously don't want to be buying something needing £1k thrown at it straight away.
Cheers

Offline QueenLizz

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Clutch pedal play at top of travel?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 11:13:18 am »
Mine feels stiff to press down, and pushes your foot back up. The bite is high up (but not like high as in its clutch is going, just a little above where i would have thought and stiff to hold on bite gives you a leg workout lol, its hard to feel the bite because of this. Very firm) Dono if that helps. Mine may have had a clutch in at some point and if so i dont know what one it feels like an old race clutch i had in a prior car. Got used to it now, but it took some time.