Make a donation

Author Topic: stage 1 with sports cat  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Slowtk

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
stage 1 with sports cat
« on: February 27, 2024, 05:46:15 pm »
Hi all apologies in advance if this has already been answered!

my question is i currently have a stage 1 mapped ko3 gti done by REVO now when it was mapped it had the stock cat in, im now looking for more noise and wanted to get a sports cat fitted 200 cel will this affect with and potentially ruin my already staged 1 car?

Thanks all in advance

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 62
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
Re: stage 1 with sports cat
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 12:47:12 am »
You may need a stage 2 tune if the Cat isn't very efficient, or you may see a P0420 catalyst efficency below threshold code with the engine light on.

Offline K03MK5

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 10:01:39 pm »
Hi,

I had this setup originally with a stage 1 map its plenty loud enough with out the drone and had no problems.  Just had my mapper delete the O2 Sensors.

https://www.regalautosport.com/shop/SSXAU200-Milltek-Cast-Downpipe-with-HJS-High-Flow-Sports-Cat-for-Volkswagen-Golf-Mk5-GTi-Edition-30-2-0T-FSi-230PS.html

« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 10:04:22 pm by K03MK5 »

Offline OllieVRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 03:05:58 pm »
A 200cel sports cat sounds lovely even with the rest of the exhaust being completely stock. Ever so slightly slouder but you wouldn't notice it unless you were driving with the windows down. It gives the exhaust note a nice rasp, not the annoying 1.0 fiesta type but the performance engine type.

I've got one from MPDevelopments and it sounds great, no drone. Rest of exhaust is stock. Make sure you get an adapter as the stock exhaust is a weird size.

You should definitely get a remap to take full advantage of the sports cat, otherwise the hp improvement is negligible. And make sure the CEL is mapped out.
'06 Skoda Octavia vRS TFSI

Offline K03MK5

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 11:25:10 pm »
I did this at the start it stung me with an eml light immediatly.  My mapper removed it and hasn't come on since.