Make a donation

Author Topic: Depo headlights + led lights ERROR?  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Levi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Depo headlights + led lights ERROR?
« on: May 15, 2024, 08:22:00 pm »
Hello like the title says i want to buy some depo projector headlights next month and i wanna be prepared. I was looking at the cheap ebay adapter for led + some Osram/Philips led lights. My question is, can i just code them to not show any light error on the dash or do i have to buy a canbus decoder?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 08:31:53 pm by Levi »

Offline ZoliWorks

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Depo headlights + led lights ERROR?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:01:17 am »
If your car is halogen:

I'd recommend going with Bevinsee V45 led's as those don't give any errors and are plug and play. I've had them for around 2 years now without any issues.

If your car is xenon:

Probably also V45's with the corresponding adapter or look on their website if they have a xenon to led conversion kit.

Here's my car with Depo projector headlights and V45's:

Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI BWA | Mk6 GTI Front | BorgWarner K04 Turbo | Ta-Technix Air Intake | Ta-Technix 200 Cell Downpipe | Stock Intercooler | Stock Injectors | Stock HPFP | 300hp

Offline Levi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:05:01 am »
I cant find the 45 but i did find the v55. Do you think they are the same or maybe just a better version of the 45's?
Thank you.

Offline ZoliWorks

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 01:49:24 pm »
I've seen a comparison on YT which said the 55's were net inferior to the 45's, regardless of what Bevinsee claims. Less light and more power consumption. Tho it's possible they updated the design since then. You should search for some comps on youtube.
Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI BWA | Mk6 GTI Front | BorgWarner K04 Turbo | Ta-Technix Air Intake | Ta-Technix 200 Cell Downpipe | Stock Intercooler | Stock Injectors | Stock HPFP | 300hp

Offline Levi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 02:11:34 pm »
Okay thank you very much, was about to buy OSRAM night breaker led but saw a yt video and bevinse is about 50% more bright and definitely cheaper.