Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 gti code p0299  (Read 318 times)

Offline T4yy18

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Mk5 gti code p0299
« on: March 30, 2024, 03:39:39 pm »
Hi i got a 2007 mk5 golf gti bwa and i been getting this code p0229. Notice while driving going past 4k rpm not enough boost that it was giving from the previous drive. Looked online notice a lot of people said it could be the wastegate. I have just jacked up the car and felt the wastegate and it seem like the is no movement. I also removed the downpipe and no play there. Also i so online of people saying it could also be the the dv valve but i have changed that recently and made no diffrence. Anyone can help?

Offline MKVASMR

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • My Ride: 2008 GTI
Re: Mk5 gti code p0299
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 09:46:16 pm »
I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. Checked the DV, PCV, N75 Valve, checked the fuel trims (hoses etc…). Ended up being a cracked turbo exhaust side. It was a hairline, but after replacing it all was good. Not saying that that’s the issue in your case, just something to be aware of. Start by checking the boost hoses, if they are oily it could mean that here is a leak. Specially where they connect to the intercooler. Next I would check the DV and after that the PCV. If you have a way to log the MAF, do that and multiply the g/s (I think) from engine live data, channel 02. Should be around 160 I think. Is the car tuned? It can throw the same fault code when it’s tuned. But if it goes well I wouldn’t really give it much attention.