Make a donation

Author Topic: Upgrade injectors for k04 turbo (fsi engine)  (Read 317 times)

Offline Doomhand

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Upgrade injectors for k04 turbo (fsi engine)
« on: April 18, 2024, 05:46:07 pm »
I'm looking to upgrade my injectors along with the HPFP to support a k04 turbo, but it seems I'm kind of limited to what injectors I can use.

I've heard the best option is audi s3/golf R injectors with part number 06F906036F but they apparenly have very limited availability and are very expensive (around $250 usd for each).

What other options there are? I've heard that RS4 injectors have a different flow pattern and are difficult to tune. What about mk7 injectors? are they bigger? will they work?

I need to some options without spending 1k on it.

Thanks!

Offline ZoliWorks

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Upgrade injectors for k04 turbo (fsi engine)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 06:27:16 am »
Take a look at german ebay (eBay Kleinanzeigen). I've seen them selling packs of 4 S3 cleaned injectors for 400 euros
Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TFSI Soon-to-be stage 3

Offline Doomhand

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 06:27:54 am »
Take a look at german ebay (eBay Kleinanzeigen). I've seen them selling packs of 4 S3 cleaned injectors for 400 euros

Thanks a lot! I will look into those.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 673
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:45:31 pm »
MQB injectors are completely different.

You gotta pay to play, so stump up for the proper K04 injectors and give yourself an easier life. You can get them from aftermarket suppliers for less than dealer prices, but not a lot. They are what they are and in demand and priced accordingly.

Also check with your tuner they can rescale the K03 rail pressure sensor, or insist on the K04 rail sensor.  Most competent tuners can do the former, saving you some faff and money.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D