Make a donation

Author Topic: Intake Manifold Runner Control Error P3137 - Will my engine go boom?  (Read 4492 times)

Offline OllieVRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15

This came up a couple hundred kms ago and I only found out now, since I have the CEL on for the sports cat anyway. I don't feel any difference in the car's performance.

Is this something worth investigating that will wreck my engine if I ignore it for now? I'm quite busy at the minute and don't really have the time to work on the car unless it's something critical for the engine's life.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also worth noting my battery seems to be on it's way out as it lasts about 10 days, so low voltage may be a factor, not sure.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 05:00:17 pm by OllieVRS »
'06 Skoda Octavia vRS TFSI

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 675
Nope, no danger of wrecking the engine.  Default position in the event of runner flap motor failure is flaps fully open. If the flaps were stuck closed you would know about it as you'd have no power past 2000rpm.

Try a basic settings/adaptation in VCDS for the flappy flappers a few times and check you get "OK".  If no OK, the motor is buggered. When doing that test, you should see the motor actuator arm moving.

10 days to go flat isn't bad tbh.  If it went flat in 3 days then you definitely have a duff battery or an alternator charging issue. If the battery measures more than 12V with the car gone to sleep, I wouldn't waste money on a battery.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline OllieVRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
Nope, no danger of wrecking the engine.  Default position in the event of runner flap motor failure is flaps fully open. If the flaps were stuck closed you would know about it as you'd have no power past 2000rpm.

Try a basic settings/adaptation in VCDS for the flappy flappers a few times and check you get "OK".  If no OK, the motor is buggered. When doing that test, you should see the motor actuator arm moving.

10 days to go flat isn't bad tbh.  If it went flat in 3 days then you definitely have a duff battery or an alternator charging issue. If the battery measures more than 12V with the car gone to sleep, I wouldn't waste money on a battery.

Thanks for the reply pudding, will ignore for now.

Are there any downsides if it's stuck open?
'06 Skoda Octavia vRS TFSI

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 675
Not really, just a lumpy cold start/warmup, but should be OK this time of year!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D