Make a donation

Author Topic: *** BOW White GTi/ED30 on A465 near Glynneath this morning?  (Read 1589 times)

Offline T30GUE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
*** BOW White GTi/ED30 on A465 near Glynneath this morning?
« on: April 08, 2010, 06:36:23 pm »
Wondering if this was a fellow member? drop me a pm if you're local! Some nice mods on the car!

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
    • Email
Re: *** BOW White GTi/ED30 on A465 near Glynneath this morning?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:38:46 pm »
Yeah. Me mate. you in the grey 30 ?  From Merthyr. work in resolven .  You from round there ?  Used to see a grey one with a private plate on.  That you or another ?

Chris.
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.

Offline T30GUE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 02:56:15 pm »
Yes that was me in the grey one.
From Neath mate. Used to have a STD black gti, but never seen another grey one around my way. Think there's a sliver one in cadoxton.
Nice plates. They the dubmiester ones?
Any mods other than the rear bumper? Didn't get much of a look, was trying to sort my bagel out!!!

Another chris!

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:16:13 pm »
Used to have a black 5 door gti too.  Not the dubmeister plates . Had them off the bay. I think the guy is called the plateman. The surrounds are off ebay too. They were the only ones I could find with Wolfsburg on without the ABT sign. Think they were £15 and £20 for the plates. Took an age to come though.

Had the rear bumper , front lip, mask and badges wrapped in 3m carbon by a guy in Pengam. Did it all for £160.  Got the OEM red GTI badges from the states too.  Just finished making myself an intake kit. Its a copy of the ITG kit but with SFS hoses and a pipercross filter. Made the ally bits in work . Waiting to get them back from anodising.  Getting my mate to do a map then.

Probably do the exhaust and fuel pump next and maybe a set of spacers.

Been looking and I thought I recognised your user name. You used to have an S3 at the same time I had one. Did you ever go to any audi-sport meets ?

Chris.

Offline T30GUE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 09:05:42 am »
Yes went to one ot two of the meets with my old S3. maybe we have met there at some point before.
I take it you're working for N*dum then pal? Making all those bits in work!   :congrats:

I work for Visteon Linamar and know little Peter(very well) and Russ from site visits.

That wrrapping sounds interesting, may need to have a closer look at that sometime if you don't mind.

I usually pop upt o resolven 1 per week to see my family, if your car's outside after 4pm maybe i'll call around if ok?

my car is mapped, if you want a look. Who you thinking of doing your custom map?

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 11:54:01 am »
Aaahh ! Small world. I work for Magor the same as Peter and Russ. Russ in charge now. Used to be a toolmaker for Nidum then moved on to the Cad. Moved across to magor when the then owner bought it. Whats your surname Chris ? I'll mention you to Peter and Russ.
Yeah, feel free to call in around then. Let me know and I'll make sure I have the car. Share with another guy so usually take the car alternate weeks.

Guy doing the map is from Port Talbot. You may know him . Jamie Jenkins. Did my S3s and the last golf. Tended to play with the last Golf a bit to see where the limits were .  Been mates for a few years now. He had an edition 30 a while ago and that was very quick ( as you're fully aware !) . It had the quaife diff too.  He's got a black GTR now.
Been reading through some of your posts and see you've got a Revo map on there. How you finding it ?  Why did you change your mind on the pump ?

Do you know DickyS3 from Port Talbot ?  We all went to Audi Driver International one year .

Offline T30GUE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 01:36:15 pm »
Yes very small world. Surname is Teague.
Know jamie too, have had his map on the car recently. was very quick as requested boost was very high. had it taken off in rediness for some warranty work.
thought I'd try the Revo too - just to compare really. it is a little smoother and therfore more usable. Although was vry happy with the map - clucth was slipping a little in the higher gears.

Also know Richard (dicky) although not seen him for a long time.

Let me know if there are any local meeets about and I will drop by.

will PM you my details.