Make a donation

Author Topic: upgrade to REVO stage 3 - Octavia 2 RS TFSI  (Read 15467 times)

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
upgrade to REVO stage 3 - Octavia 2 RS TFSI
« on: April 10, 2010, 10:35:09 pm »
Last week I got the Autotech upgrade kit for the HPFP, installed it four days ago and then upgraded to Revo stage 3
I used to have MTM last stage that they have with K04, but since their next upgrade to 380HP is with K16 (way too expensive) I switched to Revo.

I attach some dynos with several settings from Revo and what I used to have from MTM.

Note: in February I had 340HP (2degrees outside), now because there were abt 20 degrees outside it dropped to 328HP. The shop does not have a climate control room for the dyno, they just put a big blower in front of the car (pretty much similar to normal driving conditions).

some comments abt the dyno run:

blue software MTM: 327 Bhp & 431 Nm
pink Revo Stage 3 (959 settings): 361 Bhp & 456 Nm
red Stage 3 (969 settings): 369 Bhp & 470 Nm
green Revo Stage 3 (979 settings): 371 Bhp & 478 Nm

right now I am running the red one -969

Clearly I need a twintercooler and in this moment I am waiting for an answer from JKM for availability . I hope to order it next week.
When the twintercooler arrives I will also install the USP fluidampr.

Next on my list are the S3 camshafts

By the way is it safe to use the stock rods or should I change them too? (it is an extra cost that I would rather avoid if it is not necessary)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:44:35 pm by Bogdanbd »
4x4-O2 RS REVO stg 3 - 370HP-K04 turbo-Haldex controller-Autotech HPFP-S3 injectors-NGK sparks-RS4 FPR Valve-EVOMS CAI-S3 FMIC+Forge Twintercooler & Actuator-USP fluidampr-custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust-KW coilover kit V1-S3 brakes front/rear + TAROX F2000 discs-LOBA-Sachs stg 2-VF Mounts-BSH PCV revamp-Forge short shifter-W.A.L.K.-H&R AntiRollBar kit + BSH end links -Team Dynamics ProRace 1.21 8x8J Anthracite/White

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
Re: upgrade to REVO stage 3
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 11:13:36 pm »
great results  :congrats: ...im goin to switch to revo soon i think,my stage 3 bluefin made 328bhp and 340 fbts

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 12:04:40 am »
great results  :congrats: ...im goin to switch to revo soon i think,my stage 3 bluefin made 328bhp and 340 fbts

its all dependant on the dyno mate. dont forget the guys at the surrey rolling road with bluefin stage 3 were comparable with the revo stage 2+ cars and all getting similar figures to yours.

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 12:24:54 am »
i was lookin into the 24 revo demo but i dont think i can have stage 3 :wink:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 05:45:54 pm »
Good solid info but what car is this on? GTI? Ed30? Cupra? Octavia?

Would be helpful for readers to know straightaway - I just spotted it in tiny print on the graph image.

:happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 07:22:40 pm »
i was lookin into the 24 revo demo but i dont think i can have stage 3 :wink:

Im swapping to revo stage 2+ on Monday, havent been happy with my car since putting bf stage 3 on and almost sold it last week  :surprised:

You get a 14day money back with revo so if not happy you've basically had a trial...

Chris  :happy2:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 07:33:08 pm »
you wont regret revo stage2+

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 07:36:12 pm »
I hope not at £650  :scared:

Was it you that posted on uk-mkivs about running a standard intercooler ? How you finding it ?

Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 07:41:18 pm »
Did revo have any bother converting from mtm to your stage3? Just wondered if mtm had put any nasties in to keep you with them or was it just a case of remapping over mtm? Was on the phone to qst today and he said not to upgrade to the hpfp unless running bt and then i said i was also ordering the ko4 itg and he said not to bother as vw had got their intake system so spot on??? Dont know what planet they were on today!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 07:46:40 pm »
^^^^
Kim at QST has a good reputation as a tuner although, IMO, he's somewhat humourless and a good friend of mine had to go as far as threatening him with court if he didn't put his MTM map right - No driveability.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 07:50:22 pm »
very good results there but running the timing 6 or 7 and fueling at 9 on a fuel pump and standard intercooler sounds a bit much? im running 756 with standard intercooler and autotech pump and its very strong.  :happy2:

sorry for the hijack but i thought you had sold your car chris and bought a hairdressers car?!  :P
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 10:01:22 pm »
I've lost the plot mate. I've split up with my girlfriend and i'm selling my house so will be mortgage free soon ! Hence wanting to spend 27k on a car  :stupid:

But ive put a lot of money into mine and feel I would be daft selling so soon .. Getting revo 2+ on monday hopefully that will keep me interested untill the house is sold, and be right for the ring next month   :driver: :happy2:

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 10:05:50 pm »
Good solid info but what car is this on? GTI? Ed30? Cupra? Octavia?

Would be helpful for readers to know straightaway - I just spotted it in tiny print on the graph image.

says in my sig  :smiley: O2 RS TFSI

Did revo have any bother converting from mtm to your stage3? Just wondered if mtm had put any nasties in to keep you with them or was it just a case of remapping over mtm? Was on the phone to qst today and he said not to upgrade to the hpfp unless running bt and then i said i was also ordering the ko4 itg and he said not to bother as vw had got their intake system so spot on??? Dont know what planet they were on today!

just remapping over mtm.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:07:27 pm by Bogdanbd »
4x4-O2 RS REVO stg 3 - 370HP-K04 turbo-Haldex controller-Autotech HPFP-S3 injectors-NGK sparks-RS4 FPR Valve-EVOMS CAI-S3 FMIC+Forge Twintercooler & Actuator-USP fluidampr-custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust-KW coilover kit V1-S3 brakes front/rear + TAROX F2000 discs-LOBA-Sachs stg 2-VF Mounts-BSH PCV revamp-Forge short shifter-W.A.L.K.-H&R AntiRollBar kit + BSH end links -Team Dynamics ProRace 1.21 8x8J Anthracite/White

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 10:06:44 pm »
I've lost the plot mate.

Never a truer word spoken...  :grin:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 10:09:00 pm »
very good results there but running the timing 6 or 7 and fueling at 9 on a fuel pump and standard intercooler sounds a bit much? im running 756 with standard intercooler and autotech pump and its very strong.  :happy2:

sorry for the hijack but i thought you had sold your car chris and bought a hairdressers car?!  :P

settings were made by revo dealer. I do not have stock IC, I have an S3 IC and Autotech HPFP.