Make a donation

Author Topic: NQS BBK A Not Quite So Big Brake Kit..NQS Rear mods now.....  (Read 422274 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
Re: NQS BBK A Not Quite So Big Brake Kit..NQS Rear mods now.....
« Reply #900 on: June 05, 2015, 07:08:54 pm »
80ftlbs rings a bell but ask Alex.

Offline AIR_CHILLED

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #901 on: June 05, 2015, 07:12:41 pm »

Cool thanks, I'll ask him next time I phone but he is a hard man to get hold of!

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #902 on: June 06, 2015, 09:28:47 am »

Cool thanks, I'll ask him next time I phone but he is a hard man to get hold of!

There are certain sideeffects to being good at what you do and therefore succesfull  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline spb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #903 on: June 15, 2015, 12:35:01 pm »
Finally got the kit installed

Everything is "almost" perfect, I got some squealing noise but I guess this is how the RS29 should be. What worries me most is that one heated on heavy breaking they become noisy. Not squealing it's a deeper noise like friction. I wonder if this is normal due the the slotted nature of Brembo max rotors or it's something wrong

Offline AIR_CHILLED

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #904 on: June 15, 2015, 12:47:42 pm »
I would say noise is normal for any track / race pads and is especially well known with this set-up.
I have just fitted these brakes at the weekend but used road pads with Porsche anti-squeal shims. People don't tend to fit these to track pads because performance out weighs everyday refinement but they may quieten down once bedded in or if unbearable try the shims?
Cheers,
Mike.

Offline spb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #905 on: June 15, 2015, 01:42:06 pm »
In order to bed-in them I did 10 hard brakes without locking the wheels from 100km/h to 20-30. I was kind of afraid for the discs to follow the procedure described by Pagid for the RS line. Should I heat them up even more to get them properly bedded in?
I will get a quote for the shims but I remember they are pretty expensive for they are ☺

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Offline AIR_CHILLED

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #906 on: June 15, 2015, 01:51:00 pm »
I can't comment on the bedding in procedure I'm afraid but I'm sure someone on here will chip in soon enough.
If you want the shims the best place is Eurocarparts and search under Porsche 911 3.4 litre they come in at £9.00 each ;) there not listed for the 986 on there for some reason?!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 01:56:38 pm by rich83 »

Offline spb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #908 on: July 04, 2015, 04:56:44 pm »
I'm worried that the mechanic did the install wrong or something else is wrong.
The pad holes for pins at the retaining system are not symmetrical on both sides. Can someone show me some pictures with the kit installed? How many pins do you have installed?
And the most worrying thing is a click click noise when full stopped and pressing the brake pedal. So standing still click click noises comes from the right caliper when the brake pedal travels down. It also perceptible in the pedal. What can be? I have no shims just the RS 29 Pagid pads on Brembo max discs

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
« Reply #909 on: July 04, 2015, 06:04:35 pm »
There is only one pad retaining pin per side...
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline nick0188

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #910 on: August 11, 2015, 05:28:31 pm »
The pad holes for pins at the retaining system are not symmetrical on both sides. Can someone show me some pictures with the kit installed? How many pins do you have installed?
And the most worrying thing is a click click noise when full stopped and pressing the brake pedal. So standing still click click noises comes from the right caliper when the brake pedal travels down. It also perceptible in the pedal. What can be? I have no shims just the RS 29 Pagid pads on Brembo max discs

Hello All!  I just joined this forum over from the states the reply to this comment.  I've had the NQSBBK setup since around September of 2014, and starting around spring of this year I get the same exact noise described above.  I can't for the life of me figure it out.  I've bought new retaining "springs" and pins, lubed the pins, lubed where the pads slide, lubed the back of the pads, installed the vibration dampers.. Pretty much everything you can think of, and like above, as soon as the brakes get warm, even after normal driving, I get this clicking noise.  I rebuild the calipers with new seals and dust boots when installed and I am running SS lines, ECS Tuning Geomet rotors and Stoptech Street Pads.  Anyone that could provide any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline snowfree52

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #911 on: September 12, 2015, 10:18:40 am »
Well to resurrect an old thread!

Does anyone know if this kit will fit the Golf MK7 MQB platform (Golf, Octy, Seat) and if it is still a good bang for your buck. Or is there a better solution for a standard MK7 GTI setup (312mm front 272 rears)

Have to think there is a better solution than just going bigger single pot (PP) NQS setup sounds ideal but has anyone tried it on the MK7?

It won't fit because the brackets are not the same

Offline Flybynite

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #912 on: September 12, 2015, 01:55:58 pm »

It won't fit because the brackets are not the same

Well this thread gets resurrected more times than a Zombie film! Shows how good these brakes are!

I think a few people have got them on the MK7 MQB now if the brackets are different they are definitely available (try AKS) The problem I had is they do not fit behind the standard wheels I have. I do not want to change wheels or use spacers so it rules it out for me.

Offline snowfree52

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #913 on: September 12, 2015, 01:58:59 pm »
well last post was from August, not really a ressurection :D

as a matter of fact, I have the NQSBBK kit and would like to sell it if anyone is interested...

Offline spb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #914 on: September 13, 2015, 08:11:54 pm »

Hello All!  I just joined this forum over from the states the reply to this comment.  I've had the NQSBBK setup since around September of 2014, and starting around spring of this year I get the same exact noise described above.  I can't for the life of me figure it out.  I've bought new retaining "springs" and pins, lubed the pins, lubed where the pads slide, lubed the back of the pads, installed the vibration dampers.. Pretty much everything you can think of, and like above, as soon as the brakes get warm, even after normal driving, I get this clicking noise.  I rebuild the calipers with new seals and dust boots when installed and I am running SS lines, ECS Tuning Geomet rotors and Stoptech Street Pads.  Anyone that could provide any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Please let us know if the rebuild cured the clicking noise. A mechanic of mine said the dust seals are burned buy the electrostatic painting that was executed with the caliper fully equipped. I don't see how those can make the clicking noise or how a 200 Celsius temperature could burn them...