Make a donation

Author Topic: Traction control ESP  (Read 2486 times)

Offline b7unr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Traction control ESP
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:13:52 pm »
Hi i`m not stupid but how do you turn traction control off? Until today i thought it was a simple case of pressing the button till icon appears on dash.
Basically
I had put my car on rr before remap and was 191bhp :sad1: after remap same place and it was only 204.5bhp  :sad1:
To cut a long story short i had some fault codes that wouldnt go away. so had them fixed went back to regal and they put it rolling road and the reading was 258.8bhp 295.3lbs torque :laugh:

Apparently matey didn`t turn esp off properly regal said you have to do it at 50mph + summit to do with ecu reconising the back wheels not moving!

Please see thread in Giac section and you can see the whole story  :fighting2

If anyone could shed some light on this please.

Thanks

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Traction control ESP
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 03:53:28 pm »
abosulte tosh what regal told you...

you can turn the traction control off when ever you want as long as the engine is running,

just press the button until the light appear on the dash  :happy2:

i have used regal in the past but never again - really dont like that fat bald wopper's attitude and the last time i went i was there for 8hrs while they tried to fit a forge twintercooler and a defi boost gauge - they never did fit the intercooler as they over trimmed the pipework so I had to order a new set from forge.. and the boost gauge flashes when you put the lights on..

complete retards imo

echo what others have said, drive a bit further down the a27/m27 to pompy and jkm will sort you out  :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:17:51 pm by GTIjames »
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline b7unr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 06:47:16 pm »
Hi i did think it was that simple.

In that case how can there be such a big difference between the 3 runs. Maybe the printed off someone elses graph and changed the reg number and date to suit.!!! 
AND THEN CHARGED ME FOR THE PRIVLAGE!!!!

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 05:57:42 pm »
or maybe its due to you fixing the car between the 2 tests  :wink:

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 06:35:52 pm »
i agree pdt the dv change most probably fixed it BUT

what I dont understand, someone please correct me if I have got this wrong, is why did regal send B7UNR on his way after mapping his car and only getting 205bhp - any mechanic/tech who knows anything about these cars would suspect something was up and try and help - first thing you would check is the dv.. and if he had any business/common sense whatsoever could of sold him a new one or uprated forge option...but no they just lied and said the traction control was turned on   :stupid:

people trust their porsche's with these chaps  :scared:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 07:26:24 pm »
Well, if they didnt dyno it, did they know there was a fault?  idealy the car should have been dyno tested before/during/after the map or at least datalogged before/after.

We get so many people coming to us asking us to dyno their cars (we have a dyno dynamics dyno) as they dont think their remap has 'worked' and when we ask who tuned it 99% of the time no pre/post diagnostics/datalogging/dyno testing was done. This is due to most people offering maps simply not having the correct tools for the job, let alone the knowledge to do the job properly, mainly the mobile remap clowns with nothing more that a van and a laptop, some clone tools bought on Ebay and a file tuner in some obscure european country.

(above is not directed at any company in paticular)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:32:56 pm by PDT »

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 08:59:22 pm »
they have a dyno and are the main giac dealer in the country...   even used to have a vw cup car (mk5gti) running a few seasons back,

so I would expect better, alot better

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 10:44:44 pm »
To be fair, we dont know the whole story. Maybe the DV split on the way home? maybe it was fine when it left Regal.....

Its highly likley that is the case as the car made good figures before the map. I have tuned some TFSi's and the DV has split within a few hours of the map going on.

Offline b7unr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 12:02:11 am »
Hi here is the whole story-

put on dd rolling road at local company totally independant result  191.5bhp 218lbs

Went to regal had re map

next day went to same local rolling road result 204.5bhp 250lbs

took car to vw had new manifold motor and dv fitted revision d

Went back to regal they put on rolling road result 258bhp 295lbs

I must say REGAL have been more than helpful!! so far

I just wondered why they would say that about the esp being turn`t off above 50mph due to car reconising back wheels not moving.

I`m going to go back to my local rr and have another go and tell him to turn off after 50mph then i`ll see.
Just hate seeing someone else rant the tits off my car. Just waiting for the big BANG! :scared:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 10:41:22 am »
Its a great idea to get it back on the DD rolling road, will get a much more accurate figure (cant see how you have an 80+bhp transmission loss  :confused: )

I would expect that the DD rollers will show around 240 bhp and 270 ft/lb.