Make a donation

Author Topic: 143mph and let off...  (Read 11804 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
143mph and let off...
« on: April 29, 2010, 12:18:05 pm »
Now I know i'm hardly one to talk, but i'm sorry what a joke, both sentance and judge..

http://www.blackburncitizen.co.uk/news/8121789.Fury_as_Blackburn_soldier_driving_at_143mph_escapes_ban_as_he___s_off_to_Afghanistan/

Now I have the highest respect for our boys and one of my best mates had just come back from his 2nd tour in the Ghan and suffered this whilst out there..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/helmet-saves-soldier-shot-in-the-head-1803994.html

So I know what they go through but I do think that they get away with more than they should, sorry.  :ashamed: And no i'm not bitter..  :grin: :P
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:19:42 pm by Vtec Abuser »

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Re: 143mph and let off...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 12:25:23 pm »
Agree, there does need to be consistency in within due process in the courts. The same can be said of the high profile celeb's that get off driving offences. Interesting picture of a focus ST they have included too!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 12:29:14 pm »
absolute b0llocks!!!  :fighting2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 12:56:19 pm »
So what was the reason for driving flat out then... does sound a bit wrong that, got away lightly.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 01:22:22 pm »
What is also annoying is the Police were obviously following him and I dare say goading him to drive faster before pulling him (seen and known of this happening many times). Why not pull him when he was at say 105mph if they just want to get a conviction?  :fighting:
If the police were to witness someone about to rob, rape or murder someone, would they then wait till they had completed the task so they could get a better conviction, or prevent the crime from happening which is what they are suppose to do..

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 01:50:56 pm »
What is also annoying is the Police were obviously following him and I dare say goading him to drive faster before pulling him (seen and known of this happening many times). Why not pull him when he was at say 105mph if they just want to get a conviction?  :fighting:
If the police were to witness someone about to rob, rape or murder someone, would they then wait till they had completed the task so they could get a better conviction, or prevent the crime from happening which is what they are suppose to do..

mate,,,,,, they did exactly the same to me, traveling 50mph in a 50. A silver bmw then comes flying up my arse (must have done 60-70 to catch up with me) then sat on my tail, it was dark couldnt see in so i booted it. they followed (but couldnt keep up to get a speed) ended up with 3 points and a £60 fine!  :sad1:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 03:10:44 pm »
How evil are those nasty police men, using telepathetic communications and forcing your right leg to the floor.
I bet those evil chaps also convinced all 4 of your tyres to instantly go completely bald and made you drive on them.  :stupid:

Take a look at yourself Joe.  :booty: :laugh:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 03:13:49 pm »
How evil are those nasty police men, using telepathetic communications and forcing your right leg to the floor.
I bet those evil chaps also convinced all 4 of your tyres to instantly go completely bald and made you drive on them.  :stupid:

Take a look at yourself Joe.  :booty: :laugh:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14096.0.html

:P
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 03:24:50 pm by joesgti »

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 04:07:56 pm »
Does my head in this sort of thing. He may well save lifes but its his choice to do so, no one is forcing him to do that job so he should not be let off

Also at that speed he could of killed more people than he saves if he caused a multiple pile up! Wonder how many other service men and woman will use this excuse now  :stupid:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 04:37:14 pm »
I got banned when i was 18 for speeding over 107mph on the M5.  i got a fine and ban, as well as a rifting in work and loss of trade pay for my job.

be in no doubt though he will be in a world of S**t with his managment, and this sort of thing in the army will follow you with things such as further fines for bringing the army into disrepute, as well as promotion bans for a couple years etc.  
Im sure all of this would have been taken into account before deciding his fate.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:57:25 pm by vRSy »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 04:42:20 pm »

I agree. Just because a guy is a soldier shouldn't make any difference. For a start, not all of them are heroes - Most are just guys who've signed up to do a job. It's a hard and life-threatening job with the ultimate comradeship but that's all. Either it's Govn'ment propaganda wanting us to think differently to suit its own agendas or it's the football team mentality over "our team"/"our boys".

Incoming!! I'm outta here!.........

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 05:08:17 pm »
You lot are all wrong and clueless and it was the right decision to make.

And im not on a windup either  :happy2:

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 05:16:36 pm »
Yes the Judge's decision was right.

If the judge was to ban him.. it would be for 56 Days... which is pretty much nothing. At the end of the day hes got a more important job to do fighting for our country saving lives... i can see the logical there
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 05:19:55 pm »
Why does he need a license in Afghanistan or where ever he is positioned?

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 05:27:27 pm »
 :popcornsoda: