Make a donation

Author Topic: Outrageous  (Read 10747 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
Outrageous
« on: April 29, 2010, 04:17:20 pm »
Just filled up...circa 55 litres....£70.01p  :sick: and for that I get about 330 miles IF i drive like I would if I had a citreon c1....IF I drive like I have a Mk5 GTI, I get about 250miles....

to say I am sickened is an understatement, particularly where the oil companies, Shell/ BP etc have just announced record profits once more... :fighting:

think i will be cycling into work soon  :sad1:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:26:32 pm by no golf clubs at all »

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
Re: Outrageous
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 04:18:52 pm »
Why im getting a bike instead of an R32 now! Bus lanes so less stop starting and better mpg.

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 04:22:48 pm »
i started cycling this month. i only live 1.4 miles from work!  :signLOL:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 04:26:09 pm »
^^^^
Get over it, guys. Costs of everything is always going up or fluctuating. You'll be complaining about the bank rate and your mortgages next. There's simply no point making yourself miserable about it  :smiley:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 04:26:23 pm »
i started cycling this month. i only live 1.4 miles from work!  :signLOL:

Sod that i mean one of these

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 04:28:21 pm »
^^ i was quoting no golf clubs!   :booty:

^^^^
Get over it, guys. Costs of everything is always going up or fluctuating. You'll be complaining about the bank rate and your mortgages next. There's simply no point making yourself miserable about it :smiley:

there is if your skint like me!  :P

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 04:29:11 pm »
LOL Good man Jules!

I have both, the Mk5 GTi and a 08 plate ZX6R :)
The bike was bought when i had a boring company car for my speed fix, now i've got the choice of both :)

Another plus is that i've recently moved and now have a 10 minute walk to work instead of a 20mile drive each way which is saving me a fortune too - good job when Super last night cost me 124.9 !!
Ant

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 04:31:51 pm »
BP p!sses me of the most! they charge 1.30.9 at my local for ultimate (97 RON) but V-POWER 8 miles away is 1.20.9 (99 RON) so i have to do a 16 mile round trip to get petrol!  :angry015:

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 04:34:39 pm »
Did i read the oil companies only make 1p a litre ??? Obviously because of the high volume sold... 1p x trillions of litres a year  :jumping:

Its the tax tax tax what your paying for... then VAT on the fuel you've bought  :signLOL:
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 04:40:37 pm »
LOL Good man Jules!

I have both, the Mk5 GTi and a 08 plate ZX6R :)
The bike was bought when i had a boring company car for my speed fix, now i've got the choice of both :)

Another plus is that i've recently moved and now have a 10 minute walk to work instead of a 20mile drive each way which is saving me a fortune too - good job when Super last night cost me 124.9 !!

Cant wait  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 04:44:59 pm »

Its the tax tax tax what your paying for... then VAT on the fuel you've bought  :signLOL:

....Precisely, Rich!

Joe hasn't cottoned onto that yet, it seems.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 04:47:47 pm »
Oil companies dont make much on the fore-court, its a matter of pence with most of the cost coming from tax as Rich said.  Teh oil company record profits are made from exploration and other activitivities and products they crack off of the crude.  

The cost of our petrol is affected by two factors, the diesel cost is inflated due to the over-demand for diesel now-adays, as our aging refineries dont produce as much diesel as required, as when they were built diesel wasnt used in commercial vehicles in the volume it is today.  And if you remember that petrol used to be cheaper than diesel, that was due to over production as people switched to diesel.  But the lazy yanks figured out they could import our refined petrol cheaper than they could import crude and refine it so started buying our petrol excess inflating the petrol price again!  :fighting:

And then the goverment tax us every which way on the small amount that petrol actually costs, not sure if people remember the last oil crisis iirc the goverment made an extra 50million in tax than expected due to price increases, and then still increased the tax to raise even more.   :fighting:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 04:58:22 pm »
Think yourself lucky, I've filled up 3 times in the last week!  :scared:

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 05:01:42 pm »
 :sad1:

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 06:04:06 pm »
Guys, as pointed out already, it's the tax thats the issue, 63% of the price of a litre of premium unleaded is tax and 61.2% on Super unleaded (taken from AA Fuel report for April http://www.theaa.com/onlinenews/allaboutcars/fuel/2010/april2010.pdf,) then add 17.5% VAT on to that and just do the math on what the treasury is taking in Fuel Duty.

So if the fuel companies are making a couple of billion on world wide profits how much do you think the UK Government is taking in revenue !!!!!!!

Pays your money and takes your choice, I just wish they would maintain the highway infrastructure to a higher standard.

just my 2p
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI