4 (10%)
36-40k pcp
4 (10%)
41-45k pcp
1 (2.5%)
46k + pcp
7 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: How much do you need to earn to buy a 35k car?  (Read 17617 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: How much do you need to earn to buy a 35k car?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 02:53:32 pm »

Add children into the mix and you're in for trouble. I see over £700 a month disappear in nursery fees :laugh:

....I guess if both parents feel they must both work you'll have nursery fees - But do they really need to both work? Overdo your debt commitments in terms of house and cars etc and you're into having to both work. I ask what kind of mother wants to work? I've had 2 children and never spent a penny on nursery fees - Too many children grow up without enough parental contact in my opinion.
:notworthy: thats why i look after my son and he has just started doing  12 free hours at nursery and i will never pay for it as the sums did not add up for us s my job was sh1t  :laugh:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2010, 02:57:50 pm »
^^^^
Good on you, Mat! I'm very amused that consecutive replies from you to 2 of my posts include one with a  :P and the other with a  :notworthy:. I love your upfront honesty  :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2010, 03:00:34 pm »

Add children into the mix and you're in for trouble. I see over £700 a month disappear in nursery fees :laugh:

....I guess if both parents feel they must both work you'll have nursery fees - But do they really need to both work? Overdo your debt commitments in terms of house and cars etc and you're into having to both work. I ask what kind of mother wants to work? I've had 2 children and never spent a penny on nursery fees - Too many children grow up without enough parental contact in my opinion.
:notworthy: thats why i look after my son and he has just started doing  12 free hours at nursery and i will never pay for it as the sums did not add up for us s my job was sh1t  :laugh:

dude your lazy :P
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2010, 03:03:17 pm »
yeah i am lazy  :signLOL: do i give a fook noooooooooooooooo  :signLOL: i am honest and i dont care life is for living (says that while sitting here on my mac)  :laugh: and Robin u know i love u  :laugh:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2010, 03:11:13 pm »
joking aside, what is this thread about? earnings dont always have much to do with cars, i know people on 200k plus who would not dream spending 50k on a car, when i bought my first decent car it cost what i earnt a year, now with kids and divorce :signLOL: i could never afford to do that, if your at home on 30k you could easily buy and run a 996 turbo never mind an r

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2010, 03:19:33 pm »
joking aside, what is this thread about? earnings dont always have much to do with cars, i know people on 200k plus who would not dream spending 50k on a car, when i bought my first decent car it cost what i earnt a year, now with kids and divorce :signLOL: i could never afford to do that, if your at home on 30k you could easily buy and run a 996 turbo never mind an r

I was on 30k when I was a qualified "apprentice" payed 460 a month for the k1 and 200 a month to my old dear and at the end of each month the only time I had a one or two hundred left was when I didnt drive the k1 as much. Buying the car is easy, putting petrol in it, modding it and maintaning and fixing it is the expensive part, especially when driving it like it should be. 450 a month on v power  :scared:  :confused:

Actually now I know why whatever I earn its never enough. Mods and petrol, if I was a geek and didnt like fast cars id be minted lol  :signLOL:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2010, 03:27:53 pm »
you doing 30000 a year? would be cheaper to buy a diesel as a second car!!!  :signLOL: most people dont do that sort of milage in a performance car so my initial post still stands

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 03:36:42 pm »
at first I read your post as a joke, but then towards the end im not sure anymore lol.  :signLOL:

K1 pleasure mileage only, I have a van for work duties

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2010, 03:39:40 pm »
you doing 30000 a year? would be cheaper to buy a diesel as a second car!!!  :signLOL: most people dont do that sort of milage in a performance car so my initial post still stands

I think he meant he was on £30k not 30k miles.  :happy2:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2010, 03:51:07 pm »
£450 a month on v power must be 30000 miles a year ish, thats what i meant mate. sorry if made no sence!!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2010, 03:58:40 pm »
£450 a month on v power must be 30000 miles a year ish, thats what i meant mate. sorry if made no sence!!

not at 14mpg average  :driver:  :jumping:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2010, 03:59:12 pm »

arhh sorry no worries.  :signLOL:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 04:05:59 pm »

not at 14mpg average  :driver:  :jumping:
defo need to buy a diesel if your getting average :signLOL: suprised you still got a lisence!!!! i get that on track!

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2010, 05:01:16 pm »
My ST used to do around 16mpg around town and I was doing around 20-25k a year kept it a year and got rid just too much which Is why I now have the diesel golf...

I'm only on a lowly £25k-£28k pa but my car is paid for and my mortgage is only about £320 pm I don't have child care cos my wife is at home,  the joys of a partner who is a child minder :happy2:

Still wouldn't buy a R but i'm at present saving to buy a bigger house or move to Oz and also planning on 1 more little terror cos Liah is feeling lonely.

Once every thing has calmed down I would like really goto town on my golf a rip it to a bare shell and start from scratch with an S3 engine and work round that,  better than spending on a new motor any day.

Darren :happy2:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2010, 07:15:27 pm »
Poverty i doubt you'd be even asking this question if you'd herd Jonny's TTRS on the dyno today :notworthy:. I think you'd be at the Audi dealer putting a deposit down.

We both know thats what this thread is about you buying a TTRS :evilgrin: