Make a donation

Author Topic: Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 -  (Read 35670 times)

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 -
« on: May 20, 2010, 11:16:34 pm »
I was looking to buy some new rims and in March I finally decided what to take. I wanted something light, good looking (anthracite color was a must) and to be able to withstand also not so good roads as well as some track days.
The winners were Team Dynamics pro race 1.2, although I would have liked the OZ ultraleggeras, but they were too expensive.
TD had a very good price, come from motorsport, had the color I wanted, ideal weight and design was OK.
I ordered them middle of March hoping to have them on the car by the time I went to N-ring (28 May). Rims came only last week, big time disappointment… I was told TD does not have them in stock and they must produce them…so they kept producing them for almost two months. That’s good efficiency..
The wheels were bought from the Romanian subsidiary of Topgear.co.uk.
They are 8x18 8J and ET45. Almost the same like the stock wheels with 10mm spacers.

A few photos:
Just washed and waxed, ready to be installed

On the car:

4x4-O2 RS REVO stg 3 - 370HP-K04 turbo-Haldex controller-Autotech HPFP-S3 injectors-NGK sparks-RS4 FPR Valve-EVOMS CAI-S3 FMIC+Forge Twintercooler & Actuator-USP fluidampr-custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust-KW coilover kit V1-S3 brakes front/rear + TAROX F2000 discs-LOBA-Sachs stg 2-VF Mounts-BSH PCV revamp-Forge short shifter-W.A.L.K.-H&R AntiRollBar kit + BSH end links -Team Dynamics ProRace 1.21 8x8J Anthracite/White

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 -
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 11:29:25 pm »
The good:
- nice design, which I hope also will improve brakes ventilation (afterall they come from motorsport)
- steering wheel moves easier and is a bit more responsive.
- easy to clean, shiny paint - dirt does not stick to them easy
- makes the car look more aggressive (my opinion)
- other good stuff that comes from a light weight wheel
The bad:
- beacause of the paint in direct sunlight the color tends to darken a lot, giving the impression that they are black
- design leaves the impression that the wheels are smaller than 18"
The very bad:
- one wheel came a bit oval (bended).
- the same wheel had the inside rim chipped during installation
More details on this: wheels  were installed in one of the best wheel garage/service/shops in town. Very good tools, etc. I was there during the whole process.  They guy that installed them has treated them like they were made from glass, super extreme care. After he put the tires on and inflated them he put them on the “balancing machine” (I do not know how is called din English exactly) to balance them with lead chips. Doing that he noticed one of them was oval (bended). After carefully studying it we also noticed it was chipped on the inside - this happened during installation (before it was OK)  and I wonder how it was possible because he really was mega super gentle with them…. Just bad painting I guess. The wheel was not bended where it was chipped , they checked that with a bit of chalk.
I made a small movie from different angles and send it to the guys from where I bought them. Today they told me Team Dynamics does not see anything on the movie (you can clearly see it is oval, they have a tool that is just 1 cm away from the rim so you can clearly see if is bended or not)  and they can not send any exchange until they get the wheel from me…So I have a chipped oval wheel and that is my fault….After waiting two months after the damn wheels now they ask me to send one back, remain with 3 for I do not know how long time?? That is the worst customer support I have ever seen. I think they just rely on the fact that is very difficult for me to do that..so they will get away with it.
I am so very disappointed about this..so guys be very careful if you ever buy a Team Dynamics wheel check it before you buy it!
There is nothing I can do right now, I do not have the time and patience to send the wheel back…I will just try to straighten it at that shop (they have the tools for this) and hope it will not brake during the process. And I will remain with it chipped…
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 11:51:54 pm by Bogdanbd »
4x4-O2 RS REVO stg 3 - 370HP-K04 turbo-Haldex controller-Autotech HPFP-S3 injectors-NGK sparks-RS4 FPR Valve-EVOMS CAI-S3 FMIC+Forge Twintercooler & Actuator-USP fluidampr-custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust-KW coilover kit V1-S3 brakes front/rear + TAROX F2000 discs-LOBA-Sachs stg 2-VF Mounts-BSH PCV revamp-Forge short shifter-W.A.L.K.-H&R AntiRollBar kit + BSH end links -Team Dynamics ProRace 1.21 8x8J Anthracite/White

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 09:33:24 am »
I like the colour of those, I think I would of gone for that colour if I knew about it! I think the black on black is a bit much.

sorry to hear of your problems though.
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 10:41:02 pm »
Although they do not mention it on the website the anthracite color can be found in the phots gallery. This is how I found it. Then I saw on the US golfmkV forum (or vortex, don't remember exactly) some photos with them on a car and that convinced me.
It is not a common color, this is why I had to wait such a long time.

But also black is OK, I saw a US mkV GTI black with TD's black and looked nice. I think you are OK too!

Offline cheungy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • "GO APR!"
    • SeatCupra.net
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 01:29:11 am »
Did not know they have them in that colour most cars I seen is black only but yea looking good!
MK2 PRE-FL SEAT LEON TFSI SPORT - APR K04

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 11:28:13 am »
the diesign does make them look smaller than they actually are.  Did you weight them to compare to the std 18" zeniths??

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 10:41:38 pm »
they are much lighter, 9kg a piece.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 06:36:48 pm »
they are much lighter, 9kg a piece.
any idea on the weight of the std zeniths

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 09:32:32 am »
Thats a strange one, I have had 7 sets of TD wheels now (all pro race 1.2 too) and non of them have come through damaged  :surprised: How was the packaging was it damaged at all?

If you want shocking quality you should look into Compomotives! I had a few sets of them on my last audi and 2 out of the 3 sets was badly machined and had to go back, Paint kept flaking off because they didn't prep them before painting.... with the price of them you would expect them to be decent quality!!  :confused:

On a side note, if you know the right people you can get the Team dynamics wheels done in pretty much any colour, offset, and style (to a degree)  :happy2:
12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 01:37:47 pm »
had the call from VWR that they had finally recieved my 18x8s in a 35 offset for the rocco in satin anthracite this week  :evilgrin:

within 30 mins of colecting they were slapped on the car, was impressed by the quality of the finish and packaging, the 18x8s inters on the rocco are heavy beasts in comparison

rain had stopped play for a few days this week, however, intial signs were good

i've never really got on with the ACC on the rocco as found it flawed and not a fan of the damper settings, in reality it was left in sport but a bit compromised in terms of ride, my sanity remained when matt of autocar had the same issues, ironic as i chose the rocco for its handling and whilst it has more grip than the mk5 never felt as sweet when being pressed

read with interest the feedback and experiences of members on here, all i can say is wow, the ride quality is the biggest improvement, sport setting on a b-road now gives confidence, the steering has always been lighter on the rc compared to the golf, however the feedback through the wheels enhances the experience

alas most rocco owners won't get it (marmite choice and brtual) but given the mileage and roas i drive on i can honestly say the stock rims (which do look great) won't be going back on any time soon and you can't argue with the price

some pics will be appearing soon

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 11:41:08 pm »
^^^^ That sounds awesome Andy!!!! Glad you like them, they were one of the best mods that I did to my Golf! Looking forward to seeing the car at the next local meet  :happy2:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 09:11:42 am »
Looking forward to seeing the car at the next local meet  :happy2:

+1  :party:
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline Cupra R

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 09:22:37 am »
I had a set of TD PR1.2 delivered not too long ago and when I opened them up one of the rims had been damaged (I'd say in transit though)  In fairness to Team Dynamics they sorted it straight away.  Arranged for pickup of damaged rim and sent another out straight away.

Absolutely spot on service I found.

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 12:30:55 am »
^^^^ That sounds awesome Andy!!!! Glad you like them, they were one of the best mods that I did to my Golf! Looking forward to seeing the car at the next local meet  :happy2:

they are growers for sure, even mrs wigit likes them, given the stock rocco rims are 11.8kg its a considerable saving per corner  :happy2:

Looking forward to seeing the car at the next local meet  :happy2:

+1  :party:

all will be revealed there, break ust grey FTW  :innocent:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 06:53:02 pm »
^^^^
Couldn't agree more with you, Andy, about the benefits of lighterweight wheels. It was Chris (WhiteGTI) who introduced and persuaded me to such wheels.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!