Make a donation

Author Topic: Neuspeed rear anti roll bar and neuspeed drop links  (Read 25063 times)

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
Re: Neuspeed rear anti roll bar and neuspeed drop links
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 10:41:23 pm »
yes they do thought so, just been and had a look at your suspension thread Robin and you can see the other droplink mounting holes on your front anti-roll bar in the pic, I borrowed it, hope you don't mind :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 10:43:03 pm »
the Eibachs do have two settings don't they, I'm sure they had 2 sets of mounting holes for the drop links when I had them on the ED30, I could be wrong though :smiley:

....I didn't realise that. Ray West fitted them about 50k miles ago. She's up on the ramp at my VW dealer's tomorrow (service and inspection) - They allow me in their workshop, so I'll have a look. I'm also up at VWR later in the week.

Cheers :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 10:46:18 pm »
My car is checked by me every 3 months and serviced every 6 months so I make sure I have things checked on the car and greased up

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 10:46:46 pm »
^^^^
O yes! [our posts crossed]

Thanks for that info - Much appreciated!

My faith in VWR is such that I think they would have changed the ARB setting if they felt it more appropriate to their suspension.

Thanx

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 10:49:52 pm »
My car is checked by me every 3 months and serviced every 6 months so I make sure I have things checked on the car and greased up

....I'm not capable of that as you are, Matt. I just have mine serviced every 10k miles and plugs changed every 20k (due tomorrow) and trust people like Jim at JKM and the guys at VWR and Dan at my VW dealer to inspect every single time she's up in the air. I'm often present.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 10:51:38 pm »
Go on fella get your hands dirty LOL it's great

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 11:29:03 pm »

...It's not as simple as that. I'm not going to start being a mechanic on a sophisticated modern car at my age, and without equipment. Besides which I would far rather plug directly into the skills and experience of professionals.

8)

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 05:40:50 pm »

...It's not as simple as that. I'm not going to start being a mechanic on a sophisticated modern car at my age, and without equipment. Besides which I would far rather plug directly into the skills and experience of professionals.

8)

It's alright, if you break it you can mostly fix it (albeit after a sleepless night or two... speaking from personal experience!).
Though tbh I'd have suspension and brake parts done by professionals... those bits are kind of important.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 06:08:01 pm »
^^^^
It's simply not my thing - I'm good at other things which don't involve getting my hands oily etc. I just don't have any interest whatsoever in doing any car mechanics myself. A good pro can do such a better job and, very importantly, knows what to do when unforeseen problems arise - As they do!

Anyway, I think that the Neuspeed drop link is a waste of time and money.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 01:50:00 am »

I'm not convinced about the Neuspeed droplinks - They certainly look strong but VWR have done goodness knows how many hard racing miles on the oem droplinks on lots of VW cars and never had a problem. With V3 coilovers I'm not sure I need a stiffer rear end.

Hmmmmm . . . . the OEM rear drop links are a known problem - mine failed about a week after my uprated ARBs, and the stealer said they'd replaced loads under warranty.

I'm just not very confident about Neuspeed products - They seem to be good at producing good-looking gear that's not needed - I'm particularly referring to that rear triple boot strut thingy. The Turbo Discharge and Charge pipes I bought by them, following Awesome's advice, have had no measurable performance gains.

Just my current opinion.

I tend to agree with you with most Neuspeed stuff, but those Neuspeed drop links do look well engineered.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 01:53:49 am »
the thing with vwr is most of there cars are on the track and are very well looked after but mine has done 10k on the neuspeed arb and it was just too much for the vw droplinks on hard setting  :rolleye: most companies bring out lots of cheap crap that they claim do things that they dont and u need to make your own mind up as to what is good for u. I am more than happy with neuspeed and Awesome gti for there help with the problem and will test these out over the next year on the road and on the track so they will get some stick and if they are going to brake i am sure i will find out  :happy2:

....True, and you are right to do what you're doing. Being "very well looked after" means that everything is regularly inspected and serviced as appropriate, so they'd spot a droplink problem.

I've had Eibach (non-adjustable) ARB's on for about 50k miles and had to regrease the bushes and replace a broken mount, but no probs with my oem droplinks.

:drinking:

Ahhhhhh - but yours is an early GTI, which had stronger, better rear ARB drop links.  Sometime around 2006, VW modifed the standard spec to a 'cheaper' design.  This might explain why yours are fine, yet newer cars are having issues.  :happy2:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 07:51:38 pm »

Ahhhhhh - but yours is an early GTI, which had stronger, better rear ARB drop links.  Sometime around 2006, VW modifed the standard spec to a 'cheaper' design.  This might explain why yours are fine, yet newer cars are having issues.  :happy2:

.....Ahhhhhh, I had no idea that was the case! My GTI is an 06-build (July 2005) and UK 05-plate.

:happy2:

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 11:10:58 pm »
i'd buy those drop links on looks alone and have a glass boot floor put in so everytime i go to tescos i can see them when loading the shopping in :) This place is going to cost me a fotune .....  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 11:23:50 pm »

There are quite a few different aftermarket droplinks available from across the pond, some are even adjustable.

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2009, 11:58:11 am »
I had Neuspeeds on the MKIV....seemed fine.

I find I don't need to change the stock item's whilst running the KW Clubsports which springs eliminate the majority of roll.

Proof will be on track with my new set up. :wink:
Pearl Black Edition 30 3 Door. DSG. (3rd Edition 30)
Maybe on the too do list: APR Stage 2+, KW Clubsports, Brakes, Diff.