Make a donation

Author Topic: WISHBONE URGENT HELP!  (Read 3478 times)

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
WISHBONE URGENT HELP!
« on: May 31, 2010, 01:05:08 am »
i Have succesfulley fitted all my role bars and drop links etc, however on fitting the front TT wishbones when fitting one side no problems, however on fitting the second side the drivers side wheel is toeing in and the passengers side out  Does anyone know if there is an easy solution or what the problem could be? Cheers.

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: WISHBONE URGENT HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 09:21:09 am »
After a nights deliberation, I really cant understand how putting new wishbones on could alter the toes, never mind only altering one.

Thought:

I eventually had to give in and refit the standarrd arms, it solved the problem, I have noticed subsequently that the wishbone is different on a 09 Roc, mine the 59 plate has a steel standard arm whereas the 09 plate has cast arms??

Also, when I fitted the TT arms with the WALK kit on it was a nightmare to locate the fixings, Once I refitted the original arms along with original rear wishbone mount it went on an absolute doddle.

This is frying my brain, come on...HeLP!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:37:17 am by geordie56 »

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 09:38:25 am »
^^^^
Many of us would love to help but very few have fitted TT wishbones to a Rocco. Someone who knows or who has positive suggestions will be along in due course I expect.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 04:06:16 pm »
Heres just a few more pics with it all fitted to show that it does actually fit all bolted up but for some reason just throws the alignment right out? How much adjustment do you have in your track rod ends in degrees? Does anyone know if this could be the solution just totally redo to alignment.

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 05:36:12 pm »
Hi, just another thought, could this be due to the fact that the track has been widened obviously and therefore this would push the alignment out  cos of this? And if so would it push it out quite a bit if so?

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 06:02:58 pm »
Have PM'd you.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 07:49:27 pm »
according to the audi thread cutting about on here it does substatially increase the track width so this could be the issue.  have they tried to adjust the track rods??

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 09:37:08 pm »
Track rods is the next port of call thanks to stokes help and quick responses to a couple of questions. I was just knackered and we gave up couldnt be bothered doing any more. I had already fitted my H&R front and rear roll bars, neuspeed rear drop links , dropped the front subframe and fitted vwr engine mount, took the wishbones off and replaced them then lowered it all done and spotted the wheels so by this point we gave up if we were thinking clearly i shouldve bloody know but hey you live and learn by mistakes!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 05:03:22 pm »
I thought awesome were doing your work or was that just the Geo.   any further luck with the wishbones.  in a way im glad you never got to fit them alongside the other suspension mods.  now you will be able to tell us how much of a difference the wishbones made ontop of all the other stuff

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 05:09:11 pm »
I think i have a solution thanks to a few guys on this forum and scirocco site. Its basically because the wishbones are slighty longer therefore affect the toe in and toe out when fitting them. I will be getting it all sorted on tuesday so will let you know how i go on.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 06:20:20 pm »
^^^^
Am I right in thinking that this 'issue' only refers to Rocco's and not GTI/Ed30's?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 06:26:34 pm »
its not an issue, if you widen the track you will change the toe in and out of a car, the wheel alignment just needs a re-adjusting

this happens when lowering the car as well.  another reason why a geometry check is required

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 06:08:46 pm »
Red it will affect the alignment on yours aswell pal as it widens the track on both the golf and the rocco. I have fitted them now last night and had the tracking done. All i can say is WOW! Before i changed them when exiting a corner etc as you know you get a lot of wheelspin as for fitting the WALK kit and TT arms and ball joints and adjusting the camber i can barely tell as its very difficult to lose grip! I am so glad i invested in this and kept teling myself it will work! I cant beleive how much a few degrees camber can actually help matters.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 06:15:08 pm »
good man.  you fancy writing a review in the product review sub forum.  it'll be handy in the future for guys looking into this mod.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 07:43:55 pm »
Red it will affect the alignment on yours aswell pal as it widens the track on both the golf and the rocco. I have fitted them now last night and had the tracking done. All i can say is WOW! Before i changed them when exiting a corner etc as you know you get a lot of wheelspin as for fitting the WALK kit and TT arms and ball joints and adjusting the camber i can barely tell as its very difficult to lose grip! I am so glad i invested in this and kept teling myself it will work! I cant beleive how much a few degrees camber can actually help matters.

....Thanx geordie  :drinking:

I would have it aligned/tracked after installation anyway - Makes good sense.