Make a donation

Author Topic: Bluefin help needed  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Pullafacial

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Bluefin help needed
« on: June 25, 2010, 06:46:42 pm »
Hi - I'm thinking about getting a bluefin remap but don't really want to pay £445.
thought I might look for a secondhand one to keep the cost down and wondered if it has to be one that been used with a golf gti or if any bluefin unit can be programmer with the map I need?
Hope that makes sense!
Steve

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Bluefin help needed
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 07:05:11 pm »
not to sure tbh, but i you buy one make sure its been reset, or is under a year old, otherwise it will cost you nearly £200 TO HAVE IT RESET

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 10:13:49 pm »
Hi Steve, from memory they have different evrsions of BF, definitely turbo and non turbo, maybe even different cars e.g. would ford turbo BF work on VAG car? So if you second hand make sure 1) Its been reset, 2) its been used on aturbo car and 3) its been used on a VAG turbo car.

Finally if you are a member of the UKMkIV forum you get a 10% discount, got my BF for £400 about three months ago and its brand new and total piece of mind - just a  top tip!

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 11:08:29 pm »
You get members discount on her too if you look in the forum discount section.

Offline zub-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 12:42:53 pm »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 04:03:36 pm by zub-gti »

Saint Steve

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 12:50:35 pm »
Be careful, 2nd hand Bluefins are a bit of minefield..
I bought one off ebay and it ended up that the map was still on the original car and they wouldn't reset it.. finally got that resolved through paypal..
Then bought another off here to be told by superchips that they dont reset 2nd hand unit.. they must be reset by the original purchaser before they are sold on..... however they could offer me a new one for 30% off the RRP..
Anyway they sent me a spreadsheet to fill in and return with the details of the unit, and low and behold I recieved an email sying that It was less then 12months since the unit was last paid to be reset and I was entitled to a free reset... bonus..
so after some messing around, a few phone calls and downloading, I got the my bluefin for £70.... Score !!

Most BHP to the £ I've had in a while !!

All the best....

Great mod isnt it. Took me alot of convincing and resisting, but caved in eventually  :signLOL:

Offline Andy01

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 10:24:03 pm »
Hiya mate

I ve got a bluefin for sale had it reset by superchips so i could sell it on. get in touch if your interested, cheers :happy2:

revo stage 1/pipercross panel filter/vwr springs/o.z superturismos