Make a donation

Author Topic: I fancy some mpg.....  (Read 5184 times)

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
I fancy some mpg.....
« on: June 29, 2010, 01:49:43 am »
Im getting to that point of gettin sick of paying tax and insurance and loads of fuel! So was thinkin of a bluemotion mk6? Has anyone had any experiences? Reviews? I think a white one would look pretty slick? 

Mitch

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: I fancy some mpg.....
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 03:15:56 am »
Going from a GTI to a blue motion  :mad:, i would rarther chew my arm off. :laugh:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 04:34:08 am »
Cough* s3 *cough* to a bluemotion! Im sick of fuel bills!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 05:00:43 am »
You could always big turbo it :laugh:

Offline mackit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 0
  • Surrey
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 07:57:00 am »
What about the MK6 GTD or an Audi A3 Black edition 2.0 TDI?  I think they are basically the same diesel engine and both with enough tonk to make them fun.  Audi S3 fun....ok...no...but pretty good.  They are in the middle of going the full hog to a bluemotion and the out and out pace of say an Audi S3 or Golf R.

My friend has the Black Edition....lovely looking.  I do think the build quality is a small notch up on the Golf and there are some great deals on the Audis.  The golf being so new i think it might be tough to get much, if any, discount.

Audi S3 though.....i don't think i could part from one of these!!!  :drool:

VW Edition 30 DSG, 5 door, RNS-510

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 08:46:32 am »
Audi S3 though.....i don't think i could part from one of these!!! 

me neither.... i think i would buy an ole mk4 tdi and keep the s3 for wkend "fun" :evilgrin:
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 09:54:08 am »
Going all the way to a bluemotion might be a bit of a shock to the system, as mentioned above a 2.0TDI hot version with the 170 piezo engine would be a much better option, especially mated to a DSG box which with a diesel makes so much sense with a shorter rev range, and the black edition A3 you could keep the quattro system as well, so it might still handle!  As the bluemotion have skinny low grip tyres.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:08:13 am »
The other thing to consider is the MK6 Bluemotion Golf is like Rocking horse $hit as the delivery on them when I last looked was over 6 months!  :confused:

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 11:51:37 am »
I never realy thought about the A3 tdi's ect may have a look into them i do like the idea of auto aswell and become a propper 22 year old grandad! Lol what sorta mpg are people geting out of the 2.0ltr tdi's?

Mitch

Offline Felix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 11:55:02 am »
New polo gti? Low tax and better mpg than a golf gti......
300hp Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 11:57:22 am »
Mitch, what's going on you've only had the S3 a few months you can't move on from it so soon  :sad1:

Offline FamilyDub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
  • ...who needs a diesel?
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 12:28:39 pm »
a 2.0TDI hot version with the 170 piezo engine would be a much better option, especially mated to a DSG box

^^^ +1.

I see a Red 2.0 TDI DSG 'Black Edition' Sportback, with Quattro almost every day and it's f00kin lovely, if that helps?

what sorta mpg are people geting out of the 2.0ltr tdi's?

^^^ Check this link, below... 50.4 combined, allegedly  :happy2:

http://www.carpages.co.uk/guide/audi/audi-a3-sportback-2.0-tdi-quattro-s-line-5dr.asp

MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr, Family-Spec | 17" w/anthracite Finish | Manual | Highline | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 12:36:50 pm »
I dont have any experience with 170 or a quattro version, but I have 2.0tdi 140 DSG leon a good few years back and even hooning it around like a loony hard acceleration and high speeds on the mototrway it was almost constantly in the 40+mpg means you get more like 450-500 miles out of a tank!

One thing I will say is it isnt nearly so much fun, and the extra weight over the front wheels does give a strong tendency to under-steer, used to get ESP kicking in on small round-abouts when pushing on.

If your even going to consider it, then I would suggest a quattro version would be a necessity to help kick some of the torque to the rear wheels to help with the under-steer, and I personally would never own a diesel without a decent auto box as the shortened rev range makes it very un-sporty.  Just my opinion mind!  :signLOL:

I would also strongly consider trying to get one of the new CR engines as the refinement is quite amazing compared to the previous PD units.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 01:39:14 pm »
Mitch, what's going on you've only had the S3 a few months you can't move on from it so soon  :sad1:
:surprised: i know domo im just thinking of saving myself some money im sick of running costs of a car and its just so hard to save for a house at the min! i idealy want to move on to something eco friendly for a couple of years get my self sorted then jump back into something fun again!

im not 100% going to do this but either way it probs wont happen till atleast january?! i want to remap the S3 first see what that does i may decide to not worry about mpg and in all honesty when i remapped the gti i was slightly better on fuel? :stupid: arrrgggghhh ive got such a dilema on my hands!

mitch

Saint Steve

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 03:39:31 pm »
If your a true Petrolhead Mitch, and enjoy driving, you'll wish you hadnt change to a derv. Ive tried and absolutely hated it.Cost me more in loss on trade in then it would of done if i stuck with what i had.