Make a donation

Author Topic: Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid
« on: July 08, 2010, 10:37:45 pm »

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 12:38:54 am »
Nice.

Basically the same as the KERS in F1 & Rally cars. Won't be long before thats in a lot of High end cars and in about 5-10 years time it will be available for us mere mortals  :party: :party:

Would be great if you could install the system now. Imagine how much fun that would be at the Traffic Light grand Prix :laugh:

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 12:41:55 pm »
I Had been forecasting this for a while    :star: :star: :star:

fascinating couple of pages in RaceTech Mag about the car, and KERS/Hybrid Systems in general.

I'm giving it 3 years before we see a red "Turbo" or "Boost" button on our MFSW's

Probably ferrari first then mainstream manufacturers later

William F1 are ploughing a load of dosh into this and they're making incredible progress, battery technology is improving aided by a massive increase in revenue and stock values after the Gulf of Mexico BP Affair.

Imagine a supercharged 1.2 litre 3 cylinder Golf GTI with KERS equivalent to 300BHP and 450 lb/ft torque for overtaking when you press the red button!!

WOOOOOHOOOOO!

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 01:09:32 pm »
I Had been forecasting this for a while    :star: :star: :star:

fascinating couple of pages in RaceTech Mag about the car, and KERS/Hybrid Systems in general.

I'm giving it 3 years before we see a red "Turbo" or "Boost" button on our MFSW's

Probably ferrari first then mainstream manufacturers later

William F1 are ploughing a load of dosh into this and they're making incredible progress, battery technology is improving aided by a massive increase in revenue and stock values after the Gulf of Mexico BP Affair.

Imagine a supercharged 1.2 litre 3 cylinder Golf GTI with KERS equivalent to 300BHP and 450 lb/ft torque for overtaking when you press the red button!!

WOOOOOHOOOOO!
That would be great Dave - so long as the interval between KERS availability through remplenishment isn't 2 hours of driving  :signLOL:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 01:11:40 pm »
i reckon first car to have KERS will be Hurdy and that button will be taped down  :evilgrin: