Make a donation

Author Topic: BTF Setting on stage 2+  (Read 8002 times)

Offline flyboy1976

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 15
BTF Setting on stage 2+
« on: July 26, 2010, 04:31:38 pm »
Guys can you tell me what are the best settings you have used to gain the least timing pull. ive got eddy 30, s3 cooler and forge twinterccoler/ HPFP/ RS4 valve etc ive run 865 which is awesome but its too rich, ive tried 866 and it has a bit of lag between gear changes, currently on 856 which i havent tested tbh.857 anyone?

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: BTF Setting on stage 2+
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 10:00:39 pm »
You need to log with VCDS

No one can say to you which settings are best.

2 Identical cars with identical mods will react differently to the same settings. I would speak to REVO (if thats who your with) and ask them what the default settings would be for your car with those mods and then take it from there.

But you NEED to use VCDS and log the effect changes have on the car :happy2:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:02:59 pm by vRS Carl »

Offline flyboy1976

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 07:03:42 am »
Many thanks Carl, will hopefully be geting holf of a cable soon.

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 10:56:09 am »
running 866 on mine with the same spec albeit standard intercooler and twintercooler, my settings were tweaked by Mitch at Streetwise, it runs sweet as a nut.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 07:39:13 pm »
REVO set mine at 966. It is considered by them to be a solid starting point. Any variation away from this needs to have VCDS logs to ensure the parameters are still okay. 9 is the leanest setting for fuelling on REVO stage 2+, 1 is the richest, running rich will reduce top end power as the burn won't be as fierce in the cylinders.
Golf R gone.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 08:53:17 pm »
B8T5F6 as advised by Revo as a base settings for stg2+, done plenty of logs and everything is spot on and the dyno figures and 1/4 mile times confirm it :happy2:

Offline Blade

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Taking a sabatical from cars
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 09:05:25 pm »
I run 976 with no issues.

Offline SKAVIA

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 9
    • Build thread
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 09:08:54 am »
Hi guys - I have an Ed30 with ST2+  and I used to be running 9-5-5 and the car felt savage! :evilgrin: Big lump of boost would come in and just pull like crazy.
However, I did think it was running a bit rich as it smelt a bit at startup and the tailpipes turn very black very quickly - sooty!
I then fitted a twintercooler and S3 intercooler and the car still felt fine, however I thought I would get it re-logged at AmD to see if the new hardware needed any changes.
Without going for a drive first, the guy saw my current settings, asked what fuel I ran (V-Power) and then changed the settings to B9-F7-T6.
We went for a drive and did some logging (actual v requested boost, AFR and intake temps) and he said all was running perfect!
However, from a driving point of view, it seems weaker in its power delivery. It feels smoother, but only because there is less of a rush of boost.
I thought leaner was quicker and also that advanced timing would take advantage of the higher octane fuel?
Does the map need time to adjust as it was only done yesterday?

Thanks in advance!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 09:14:56 am »
It will need time to adjust.

But a progressive map is what you want as it makes for a quicker car as your not loosing it all by spinning the wheels :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 11:09:36 am »
For those who have done logs on there Intake temps with a Twintercooler (or similar) fitted, what is the maximum temp you are seeing under hard acceleration through 2 gears (3rd and 4th) at say 20oC ambient temps?

Offline SKAVIA

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Build thread
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 11:58:14 am »

But a progressive map is what you want as it makes for a quicker car as your not loosing it all by spinning the wheels :happy2:

Thanks :happy2: I will give it time and see how it goes....
Defo feels slower though  :signLOL:

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 12:38:19 pm »
For those who have done logs on there Intake temps with a Twintercooler (or similar) fitted, what is the maximum temp you are seeing under hard acceleration through 2 gears (3rd and 4th) at say 20oC ambient temps?

With the S3 IC on a really hot day (eg 25 C or more) I will see IATs in the 40s while under WOT.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 12:57:07 pm »

It may feel slower but it won't be.

When i went to Stage 2+ i thought something was wrong as it felt slower. It was only doing some timing runs on the airfield that i realised it was a lot quicker as the car wasn't as eager to lose grip. So i could have more throttle applied instead of feathering the power in :happy2:

Offline SKAVIA

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Build thread
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 01:04:08 pm »

With the S3 IC on a really hot day (eg 25 C or more) I will see IATs in the 40s while under WOT.
During the logging we did yesterday my IATs were at 38c, but it wasnt that hot outside anyway (prob around 18c).
Hope that helps...

Offline SKAVIA

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Build thread
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 01:06:04 pm »

It may feel slower but it won't be.

When i went to Stage 2+ i thought something was wrong as it felt slower. It was only doing some timing runs on the airfield that i realised it was a lot quicker as the car wasn't as eager to lose grip. So i could have more throttle applied instead of feathering the power in :happy2:
That makes sense....I need to get myself a Select + switch so I can have a play. I've already for VCDS - just need to learn how to use it properly!