Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 or Votex Front Spoiler - Cheap UK source?  (Read 9164 times)

Offline NORTHERNER76

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Edition 30 or Votex Front Spoiler - Cheap UK source?
« on: January 30, 2009, 03:08:27 pm »
Hi - anyone know of a cheap source (i.e. not main dealer prices) for either an Edition 30 or Votex front spoiler for my Mrk 5 GTi?  Also interested in smooth R32 sides... looking to colour code my GTi - will probably just paint the existing rear.

Cheers guys.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Edition 30 or Votex Front Spoiler - Cheap UK source?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 03:11:05 pm »
i dont think you will find cheaper than dealers, most aftermarket companies tend to charge more than the dealers, let us know if you do, its always worth asking dealers for a discount as mine always knock 10% off if i ask

ps, welcome to the forum

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 03:24:14 pm »
welcome northerner  :jumpmove:

try vwspeed for the bits, if not then the dealer will be the best place and as blue said, ask for discount.

awesome sell them but are more expensive than a dealer.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 08:46:33 pm »
has anyone got a picture of it with and without for comparison?
MKV Golf DSG

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 10:46:48 pm »
welcome along, but your dealer is your best bet. and as mentioned, ask for discount! ;)

Offline NORTHERNER76

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 11:38:09 pm »
Well, R32 sides are a staggering £190+VAt for each side - so going to leave that and get a body shop to sand, prime and paint the existing GTi ones!
Edition 30 front spoiler is coming in at £180+VAT from the dealer - so thats a go-er!!!  Also tempted to go for an R32 rear and the milltek R32 exhaust for the TFSI... but that will probably have to wait until the new year!

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 11:39:52 pm »
is the r32 rear a new bumper or just the lower section and then an exhaust?
MKV Golf DSG

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 12:57:03 am »
Hello Northerner!

Just stumbled upon this website as im looking at colour coding but was advised against directly painting over the bubley plastic, and havent found a stealer or body shop that can do it, not sure there will be anything you like but they have front splitters and skirts fairly cheap.

http://www.uk-tuning.com/acatalog/VOLKSWAGEN_GOLF_V_STYLING_BODYKITS.html

Hope it helps

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 09:30:46 am »
Any decent bodyshop should be able to paint the GTI plastics. The process is smoothing then a suitable plasticize primer.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 05:04:26 pm »
is the r32 rear a new bumper or just the lower section and then an exhaust?

....The R32 rear is a new bumper (called a 'Rear Spoiler' by VW) plus an 'Exhaust Trim'. The Rear Spoiler has cut-outs which allow all the exhaust configurations.

Should I post a pic, lads? You know, one of those you've all seen zillions of times before :evilgrin:

Here's a fairly new pic : -

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 05:06:16 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline NORTHERNER76

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 05:15:06 pm »
Taking the car to a local bodyshop on Monday to see if they are fazed by the "bobbled" finish - if they are then frankly I will be a little doubtful about them anyway  :wink:  I appreciate it is going to be difficult to paint them but as suggested, sanding and priming and good surface prep should make it doable - be interesting to see what sort of warranty they will put on their work.

redRobin - nice, seen plenty pics of your car on the likes of tyresmoke...etc - have to say I likke the anthracite Monza's - love the Monza alloy and don't want to move away from them as to me they are part of what makes the GTi a GTi!!  BUT I hate the fact the polished design is susceptible to corrosion... toying with the idea of getting mine done in anthracite or black - have a reflex silver GTi... could look good I reckon!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 05:32:50 pm »
redRobin - nice, seen plenty pics of your car on the likes of tyresmoke...etc - have to say I likke the anthracite Monza's - love the Monza alloy and don't want to move away from them as to me they are part of what makes the GTi a GTi!!  BUT I hate the fact the polished design is susceptible to corrosion... toying with the idea of getting mine done in anthracite or black - have a reflex silver GTi... could look good I reckon!

....Thanks for the compliment. It's scary - I sometimes see pics of my car when I'm Googling for something else!

At the risk of seeming pedantic, my Monza's aren't strictly anthracite, they're just dirty in that pic! They're powdercoated Smoked Chrome.

There's a write-up I did here : - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=726.0

I agree totally with what you say about the Monza's. They're so easy to clean too!

:happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline NORTHERNER76

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 06:02:53 pm »
....Thanks for the compliment. It's scary - I sometimes see pics of my car when I'm Googling for something else!

At the risk of seeming pedantic, my Monza's aren't strictly anthracite, they're just dirty in that pic! They're powdercoated Smoked Chrome.

There's a write-up I did here : - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=726.0

I agree totally with what you say about the Monza's. They're so easy to clean too!

Thanks for that link - interesting reading.  Like you i want to retain the Monza II's BUT have a more robust finish - I like the Smoked Chrome - think I would look to go a tad darker to contrast more with the Silver paint work of my car... hmmm, decisions, decisions...

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 06:50:32 pm »
Robin, you need to wash your car!

But at least it's being driven!  :driver: :driver: :driver:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 07:16:29 pm »
^^^^
I (jet)washed her just before Santa Pod last weekend but that pic was taken just before.

Driven 62k miles in 3.5 years = approx 17,700 per year - All very random - Can be 30 one week and 600 the next. Less than 50 miles this week :sad: