Make a donation

Author Topic: Candy white Edition 30, How much?  (Read 32278 times)

Offline G4V VW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Candy white Edition 30, How much?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 10:04:03 am »
Anything, free mats, free servicing, extended warranties, gap cover , tank of fuel you ge tthe idea, but for the candy's its a sellers market so you might have to pay what they want, all worth a go, you can always walk away

Sound cheers pal. Yes think I've gotta decide what Im willing to pay and stick with it. But as you say it's def a sellers Market with this colour. Looking at other colours the spec doesn't seem to make a huge difference to price, just the colour. And yes I could always walk away if I'm not happy with the deal.

Offline Beddie

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 11:22:17 am »
Was in the area so popped in to have a quick look at it for you mate, unfortunately it wasn't on site :( spoke to the sales guys and they explained it is the brand managers girlfriends car so not always on site, I just missed it too apparently, typical!
They did say however that someone from London ? Had a deposit on it pending a viewing over the weekend so assume thats yourself?
Will try again later when I'm passing :)

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 12:09:55 pm »
Ha Ha, you just saved me a journey, I was gonna call in myself :laugh:

Offline G4V VW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 01:20:19 pm »
Was in the area so popped in to have a quick look at it for you mate, unfortunately it wasn't on site :( spoke to the sales guys and they explained it is the brand managers girlfriends car so not always on site, I just missed it too apparently, typical!
They did say however that someone from London ? Had a deposit on it pending a viewing over the weekend so assume thats yourself?
Will try again later when I'm passing :)

Thanks for that pal, I wonder if this car exists because no one ever seen it lol. Yes I put a holding deposit on it till Sunday when I look at it, although I'm from Telford not London silly buggers. I'm sure they told me it was the sales managers missus never mind. Not to impressed with it being used as far as I'm concerned Vw are selling it and it should Be round the back out of the way... Until I get my mits on it that is  :P :signLOL:

Thanks for your help though guys  :happy2:

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 04:06:44 pm »
seems like a fair price, CW appears to be an expensive one. i bought mine back in may for the same price with 10k on the clock with a few mods too and a fairly good spec. best of luck pal  :happy2:

PM for details

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 04:40:40 pm »
I paid £18k for Red 3DR ,DSG ,XENONS,NAV,HIGHLINE  AND 8900 MILES one owner full vag history ,

Offline G4V VW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 07:17:48 pm »
I paid £18k for Red 3DR ,DSG ,XENONS,NAV,HIGHLINE  AND 8900 MILES one owner full vag history ,

Bloody Candy White, you have a fair few extras on there pal. Thats the thing, you have all that for 18k yet the car im looking at has only xenons and centre arm rest!!

Never mind its the price ya pay for CW  :signLOL:

Offline CaptainJack

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 08:02:48 pm »
thing i don't get is if CW is so desired - which it undoubtedly is, it's what i'm after too - why didn't more people spec it when they bought theirs firsthand?

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 08:05:31 pm »
thing i don't get is if CW is so desired - which it undoubtedly is, it's what i'm after too - why didn't more people spec it when they bought theirs firsthand?

a lot of people did, but they seem to be holding onto them, and when they do sell they dont hang around, white for some was quite a brave choice 2-3 years ago too as there wasnt so many cars in white so they specd black etc etc

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 08:29:27 pm »

a lot of people did, but they seem to be holding onto them, and when they do sell they dont hang around, white for some was quite a brave choice 2-3 years ago too as there wasnt so many cars in white so they specd black etc etc

Yeah I was one of those who took the plunge....a muppet saleman told me oh you don't want to be buying a White un, you'll never sell it on... :driver:

Good luck with the search Gav  :happy2:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline CaptainJack

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 09:21:49 pm »

i can see the bravery/daring point. for me, the gti is quite conservatively styled. it looks good and is also classy. other hot hatches often tend to look tacky/cheap/juvenile and often a bit chavvy. the cw option seems to take things that bit further and really distinguish the car from the greys/blacks without taking it into chavdom.

dealer said to me the other day that "it's the colour everyone wants" and i bemoaned that more didn't get it.

i'm also starting to think seriously about the scirocco as it blows me away every time i see it close up.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:24:28 pm by CaptainJack »

Offline Dav

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 06:46:52 pm »
Whats your ED 30 like? if your selling up let me know :D

Offline Mako V12V

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Astons, Porsches & Golf GTIs
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 07:46:43 pm »
I'll sell mine for £20k......anyone? Lol
VW Golf Edition 30, Candy White, 3dr Manual. Plus a stunning Aston Martin V12 Vantage!

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 08:09:00 pm »
I'll sell mine for £20k......anyone? Lol

Ha..yeah you can mine too for £20k...all the options apart from rears tints and airbags... :smiley:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline G4V VW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 03:55:51 pm »
Well I didn't buy the car, nothing to do with the spec (although it wasnt great) or funds, all to do with it's condition.  :sad1:

It had two bad scratches well more like gouges on the tailgate each about an inch and a half in length. Looks like it had been opened up into something.
The ends of the bump strips (on the doors) have chunks missing out of them, Looks like there not to carefull when opening the doors and the interior has marks all over the place. I know this type of plastic marks easy but looks like there just not that carefull overall.

So decided against it as i just wouldnt be happy everytime i looked at it and saw the marks and gouges when paying that sort of money..... the search continues......
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 05:41:12 pm by G4V VW »