Make a donation

Author Topic: For sale items by posting only not PM'S  (Read 2030 times)

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
For sale items by posting only not PM'S
« on: August 14, 2010, 08:42:44 pm »
Hey Folks

Just something that ive just thought of (Yes I now have a headache) a rule for the for sale section.

When people are looking to buy items in the for sale section they should reply/make an offer via the thread rather than PM.

This way i believe it gives everyone a fair chance of buying the item, It will perhaps stop people from making stupid offers via PM and keep things easier for the seller/buyer for example if i were to have an item for sale and someone PM's me saying they want to buy it i would get a notification as soon as i logged in so i would go straight to that read it and sell t to that person if i then check the thread perhaps someone had posted 10mins before the guy sent me the pm saying they wanted to buy it that wouldnt be fair on them this could then be the same situation in the reverse order.

Im definately not the best person at explaining myself hope it made sense but they have it over on DW and i think it works very well so thought i would suggest it over here :happy2: 

Ben

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: For sale items by posting only not PM'S
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 08:56:32 pm »
Not sure I agree as sometimes people want to keep what they are buying private and may not want to post offers etc in the thread itself.

Plus policing this rule would be almost impossible.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 09:00:59 pm »
+1 Greeners
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 04:36:30 am »
I can see what you're saying but I still disagree.

It's up to the seller to check their PMs and thread as they're the ones selling. Until item and cash have been exchanged, seller IIRC can still refuse to sell/withdraw item/sell to particular person.

BUT maybe the seller's thread can be set to automatically notify the seller of any posts? That way, seller gets messages about PMs AND thread replies. Dunno if it already happens.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 05:26:47 am »
offers in the thread IMO isnt a good idea, what deal you do on a specific item is a private conversation between you and the buyer, if it was on a thread everyone would chip in

"thats too cheap"

"wait a little long you will get more for it"

If anything the thread should be locked once its been posted and all communication should be via pm

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 08:28:39 am »
If anything the thread should be locked once its been posted and all communication should be via pm

That's a good idea  :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 12:47:36 pm »
I have been saying that for ages, i always lock mine the second they are posted, the problem is a lot of people like to have chat in their threads to give them presumed bumpagge, at the end of the day its up to the seller to decide how there threads go.  :happy2: