Make a donation

Author Topic: MINI Clubman S - Detailed by Accelerate  (Read 1709 times)

Offline 08micsta

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
MINI Clubman S - Detailed by Accelerate
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:20:07 pm »
Hello Everyone

Today I introduce you to the MINI Clubman S.

This is one of my favourite cars. It ticks all the boxes for me and I simply love the unconventional yet funky styling matched with the performance of a small nuclear bomb.

Naturally when I was approached by our local MINI dealer (Auto Atlantic) to detail the car I was more then willing. Call it a dream come true as such - that is how much I love this car.

The car was booked in for an Enhancement Detail - However I spent two days on the vehicle so as to improve its condition and return it to its original showroom condition.

Alright. The car on arrival:

And then some very nasty paintwork:

The pictures above were after a wash, trim detailer applied on trim and tyres etc already as I drove the car about with my branding on it and at least wanted to improve it somewhat.

The car was then given two layers of Paint Cleaner which removed quite a bit of oxidation... Keep in mind. This car only has 15 000km on the clock!

I then continued with a combination of Swirl X, Chemical Boys Pro Cut and Compound X. Each panel received about 5 hits with the Rotary and the bonnet had even more. This left me with more or less 90 to 95% correction all round. In bright light slight trails of swirls are still visible. That said - This is not a Full Detail but rather an Enhancement and the results were leaps ahead.

After polish:

At this point I applied Meguires Trim Detailer to all plastics (of which there is a lot) including the engine bay and the absolutely finger killing grills. The results were well worth it though.

The interior was soaked down and scrubbed. Carpets and seats were then wet vac'ed and leather was treated with Chemical Boys Pro Moisturizer. Windows were waxed with Collonite as well as the body and sparkly bits leaving a very glossy and deep reflection in the finish. I love the reflections!

I then applied Miraplate Quick Wax to further enhance both wetness and beading.

Many hours and a couple of pain killers later we have the results:

Unfortunately the weather turned very nasty late into the detail and I couldnt take the car for a proper photo shoot.

However - MINI was extremely impressed and I leave you all with this picture below.

If you are interested in this car please contact Nathan on +27(21)402-7800 and he will be more then willing to assist.

Otherwise I look forward to doing more work for MINI in the future and should you want to book your vehicle in for a detail please do not hesitate to contact me. My details are below.

Thanks for reading!

Mike

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Nasir

Re: MINI Clubman S - Detailed by Accelerate
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 10:40:35 am »
Looks very shiney, good turnaround :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: MINI Clubman S - Detailed by Accelerate
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 11:49:03 pm »
That's an awesome finish. Looks fantastic :congrats:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.