All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Tyre Pressures

(1/8) > >>

WhiteGTI:
What tyre pressures have you found to be the best for handling?

Some people change theirs for mpg..........not interested in that  :grin: :grin:

Obviously the VW handbook does not state pressures that are going to be the best for handling, but most likely to suit the mass audience of drivers that drive a Golf with 18" wheels fitted.

Thanks,
Chris.

VC:
depends on the tyre but i'm running 235/35/19 TOYO T1R's and have 36-38psi in each corner

bacillus:
I use 35psi all around.

stealthwolf:
I've unwittingly managed to run less than 2.6 bars or whatever VW reckon and the car feels worse in terms of handling. Think I was running at 2.4. Did once overinflate (deliberately) at 2.7 and it felt fine.

Greeners:
Anywhere between 31-35 for me  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version