Make a donation

Author Topic: No rice  (Read 2792 times)

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
No rice
« on: February 06, 2009, 06:03:49 pm »
hi guys anyone heading down to no rice next wensday?

mitch

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
Re: No rice
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 06:05:57 pm »
I dunno if too many people on here know about this meet... :confused: :confused: :confused:

I raised it on the golfgti forum a few times, and always get a half-hearted response too  :sad: :sad:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 06:38:33 pm »
whats this again?

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 06:41:49 pm »
its a vag meet that goes on on the second wensday of every month in fleet! its fairly good whitegti knows more than i do about the turn outs as i dont manage to get down there that often

mitch

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 06:48:17 pm »
Normally the turnout is pretty good. 

It attracts all types of VAG cars. Mostly though there are MK1, MK2 Golfs, Corrados, MK2, MK3 Polos, few Camper Vans, VW Beetles...

There is normally only two other MK5's including mine, so it is screaming for more MK5's to attend....hint hint!

When the weather is good, i must admit that the quality and presentation of some of the cars is second-to-none..! Some really nice, and very well kept examples that quite obviously only see the light of day in the Summer months!

Worth a go, but perhaps this Wednesday will be a little too cold....

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 06:49:53 pm »
fleet, hum, quite a distance, and in this weather...

shame

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 06:56:45 pm »
i dont think i can make it now anyway, i may have to work now anyway which sucks altho the weather is pretty bad to, cant see it being that popular this month?

mitch

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 10:19:28 pm »
I'll come if I'm working on Reading  :happy2:   I tried to go 3 years ago but every time I tried, I got held back for some reason or other.   

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 11:46:04 pm »
I went once or twice. There were so many people at Fleet services that normal customers couldn't use them. Eventually the Police were called and we were all moved on. I believe it has been held at various places since. Savacentre in Reading, Ladymead in Guildford and Chieveley services. Not sure where it is now though but looking at there website they have gone back to Fleet.

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 07:44:25 am »
Yeah back in Fleet now. Apparently in the Summer it gets so busy there that people were queueing up the motorway slip road to get in.

Always struck me as a stupid place to hold a meet - as you say, it gets so busy that people who really need to use the services can't make use of it. It only moved back to Fleet a couple months ago, because they deemed that Ladymead Guildford was getting too small to accomodate them...............hmmmm i tend to disagree. The place is huge, especially now that they allow cars to park round the back of Halfords! Perfect place to have it because all the shops were closed, and it was not disrupting the public at all!

Oh well!

I don't think I'll go back until the warmer months - when I know that there will be some stunning cars to look at. Until then, there will mostly be older VW's that have either been chavved up or are just nothing special..

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 10:46:59 pm »
Fleet is little more than a stones throw from me so I am easily persuaded. :wink: