Make a donation

Author Topic: Parts help  (Read 1377 times)

Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
Parts help
« on: October 01, 2010, 02:09:04 pm »
I've removed some parts of my dash to fit a new head unit and have found that someone previous to me has broken the blower vent assembly good and proper. What I need to know is if I replace it will I have to buy the whole thing or can I just get the inner part that has the v shaped notch in it?

Basically the idiot who (I assume) fitted the crummy iPod lead has pulled the inner and outer bits apart and broken all the clips in the process. I've just spent 15 minutes picking up all the little slats from the vents off the floor of the car and reassembled the whole thing!  :fighting:

Part number is 1K0 819 735 C if that's any help?

Cheers

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: Parts help
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 10:18:33 pm »
That part number doesn't bring anything up, nor is there any separate parts listed for the vent on ETKA, just the whole unit.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 10:59:13 pm »
The air diffuser thing that sits on top of that vent can be bought separately but that thing you've pictured is one unit (or at least that's what VW told me).

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 12:12:22 am »
I've actually got a rattle free dash at the moment for the first time so I'm tempted to leave it as it is for now. There is one for sale on eBay at the mo' that I'll keep an eye on, but don't wanna pay too much for it!

My local dealer didn't have a price for that part number either, but googling it seems to provide a few results on overseas sites. Maybe it has a different number in the UK for some reason?